FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: NMn Caboose 92936 in N Scale

NMn Caboose in N Scale 11 years 2 days ago #1308

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Took a break from the Bucyrus crane kit I was assembling while I waited on pictures for references, got the grab irons installed. Now she is ready for paint. I will be brush painting this since I have no access to a compressor and all the goodies i would normally have in my home.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

NMn Caboose in N Scale 11 years 2 days ago #1310

• Riggelweg
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 19
You might want to consider using Tamiya spray paint. I've heard it sprays very well, but I have no experience with it, so I can't really comment.

NMn Caboose in N Scale 11 years 1 day ago #1311

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
Tamiya paint does spray incredibly smooth and fine unlike most of Testors stuff. It is expensive (worth it IMHO) and the smell/fumes can take your breath away. One MUST use proper ventilation and safety precautions. (How do I know that, one might ask.....)
I use it for military aircraft colors in particular so I am not sure what relevent railroad colors they may have, probably won't find Reading Green and Yellow ;)

NMn Caboose in N Scale 11 years 1 day ago #1314

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
I don't think i can spray colors well, soray cans always go on too thick. i do have a tamiya can of flat clear that i use here to overcoat my decals and weathering, but i literally spray a foot away, and very quickly coat over the model, and stop spraying a foot away. otherwise i will puddle the paint and ruin everything.

NMn Caboose in N Scale 10 years 11 months ago #1467

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
Well, kicked my butt for not continuing this project a couple weeks ago, and this week have tinkered around with it. Got it all painted and glossed the parts where there will be decals. then got the decals on. Next will be a shot of flat coat and then the weather will take effect. I don't have yellow paint, so i will be doing the grab irons later. As stated before, I don't have access to my air brush, so the paint quality has suffered greatly, and this is my very first scratch build. fortunately i planned on heavily weathering this old wooden anyway, so i wasnt being near as careful with the modeling as if i was detailing a loco or something. I just dont have the tools I need here for that, so i'm getting by with minimal stuff. Here is the progress so far.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob

NMn Caboose 92936 in N Scale 10 years 11 months ago #1471

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
looking great, can't wait to see it finished and on the rails.
Butch Curll
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 5, 1833
The Philadelphia and Reading (P&R) Railroad began operations.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements