FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: SW1200m Build

SW1200m Build 7 years 5 months ago #5649

• VCtrainmaster
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 12
hey rdg1187prr what is the bank barn model in the background. is it scratch built or a kit or kitbash.
Daniel J Mohr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SW1200m Build 7 years 5 months ago #5650

• VCtrainmaster
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 12
Great Job! I have been wanting to do one for years. Ever since I bought my 1st VO. After I finish my U-30-C winter project.
Daniel J Mohr

SW1200m Build 7 years 4 months ago #5657

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Thanks Dan!

Just to note for those looking for updates here(Tom). The project is on temporary hold until some new detail parts that recently have become available get delivered to me. I should have them next week. This will probably take me few steps backwards once I see the parts and prepare them for the bodies. Stay tuned!

SW1200m Build 7 years 4 months ago #5671

• rdg1187prr
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 38
Model is by CC Crow. No longer in production.

SW1200m Build 7 years 2 months ago #5718

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
While doing some research online on the SW, I stumbled across HO scale photo etch for the Walthers SW series made by KV Models. The photo etch has the correct roof top screen and supports along with the front fan screen with the 3 vertical supports all etched in. Also provided was the front fan louvers that can be modeled open or closed. Other etchings like windshield wipers and cab shades are included. They appear to be only sold through Ebay by seller wpdj61 for $10.00 plus shipping. KV Models also has other etchings for the Kato NW2 and Walthers SW1 models.

Below is the comparison of the KV top screen vs. the DA screen to the right. Almost identical except the KV has 8 screen supports per the prototype.

Now with all this goodness in front of me, I cut away the inside of the radiator fan shroud which actually I wanted to do in the first place. At the time I didn’t want to deal with the DA kit and the individual louvers.

With the louvers installed, I now have the option to open them fully, partially or leave them closed. Not matter the choice, it adds a more 3 dimensional depth to the front fan shroud which will compliment the upper radiator.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RDG1519

SW1200m Build 7 years 2 months ago #5735

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
Just for Ron, here is 2707 at Port Richmond in 1967.
img839.jpg
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April, 1957
The famous green "READING LINES" bridge over Shepps Dam on the Reading Belt Line (near Carpenter Steel) enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements