FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2

Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2 9 years 3 months ago #4048

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
Lookin' good Casey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2 9 years 2 months ago #4067

• Casey
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 57
The decal rivets were finished and the final construction was started. It doesn't look like much but the rivets took over 3 hours to do, while watching hockey.

I ended up getting rid of the number board on the tender headlight I tried to make it looked too clunky and there is a flat spot on the side of the headlight which is a reused spectrum 2-8-0 front headlight.

I jumped around a little starting the finer details starting with the front driver set. The plate on top of the pilot got cut down more too after noticing it was like that in pictures. It makes the lead truck and steps more visible too.

Then I did the dome throttle and injector piping.

Then for no real reason jumped to the tender and got everything on that on.

Where it sits now is the engineers side is all ready. The interesting challenge in this part of the project was figuring out how to apply the layers to interfere with each other the least, and not accidentally gluing the shell together. Getting the main boiler handrail to sit right took lots of tweaking too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wowak

Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2 9 years 2 months ago #4072

• Casey
  • Conductor
I didn't think I would be getting to it today but had the time to get the other side done so it is now ready for paint.

Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2 9 years 2 months ago #4074

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Simply amazing work! I'm still nervous to start my N1 project...

Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2 9 years 2 months ago #4091

• Casey
  • Conductor
Ready for service. The finished pictures are taken on a recently completed 18x30 diorama made for finished projects. Decals are a mix, Microscale Green Scheme for the tender logo, parts of my dwindling pieces of Champion steam sets for the cab numbers, left over hopper numbers for the front number board and Microscale alphabet sheet for the head lights.

Here is the video to go with it. It's a monster puller, I don't think I have the space to max it out in my "train room".

Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Casey.

Reading N-1 from proto 2000 2-8-8-2 9 years 2 months ago #4092

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Awesome work! as slow as my T-1 and M-1 projects are going, I may hire you to make them for me hahaha!
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

June 20-23, 1972
The Reading is devastated by Hurricane Agnes; washouts and damage across the system require significant effort to repair, and also hasten the abandonment of marginal branches.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements