FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3 new coaches running

3 new coaches running 8 years 7 months ago #4755

• PRSL_Bill
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 25
I have 3 "new" coaches running on the layout today. They are in the "almost done but I an running them anyway" category. I only took photos of 2 for now because I am currently out of the arched roof I need to complete the 3rd car.

I used different Pullman steps that John Hall did not use for the cars he built and I followed for these 3 cars. The steps are wider as well. Just my luck... on the first trip past a bridge that is possibly a little to close to the track anyway, the bottom edge of the steps lined up perfectly with the with the top edge of the bridge. I took paint off all the steps!

I am getting "Reading roofed out". I have installed 64 roof vents in the past month+. That is a lot of layout work.

I plan on rolling through and putting windows in about 12 cars at the same time. As long as there are no windows I can do some weathering which I have not done yet.

Bill

IMG_4460_2015-09-14-3.jpg

IMG_4462_2015-09-14-3.jpg

IMG_4463_2015-09-14-3.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maddoxdy, tcalvin48

3 new coaches running 8 years 7 months ago #4757

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
Bill they look great. but they did not have a coach #1198. the class was #1100-1179, then in 1932, #1160 -1179 were rebuilt to MU trailer cars #780-799. #1198 was a 6 wheel wood composite dining car. Butch Curll
Butch Curll

3 new coaches running 8 years 7 months ago #4758

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
Ouch.... Butch you're 100% correct, and I should take the blame for that. That blanket roster PBn 1100 to 1286 blasts right through the entire dining car fleet (1186 to 1199) I should have thrown that flag.... I guess there should be an asterisk behind those numbers to keep us out of "the Hall of Shame".

There are few givens with a railroad that built, rebuilt and repurposed anything that looked like it might be collecting dust.

3 new coaches running 8 years 7 months ago #4759

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
Rob; if you click on the listing "PBn 1100-1284" it gives you a complete car by car break down history, date built , date retired, and if known the sale or disposition of each car. the first page lists "1100-1159, 1200-1284" Butch
Butch Curll

3 new coaches running 8 years 7 months ago #4764

• maddoxdy
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 2
Are these from a kit, or scratch built. I need about a dozen of these eventually.

Looking good.
Doug Maddox
Perkasie, PA
Along the Bethlehem Branch

3 new coaches running 8 years 7 months ago #4766

• PRSL_Bill
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 25
They are S Scale - S Helper Service CNJ/Reading shells with me making/producing the roofs and roof vents. Some will be at the meet in a few weeks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 6, 1945
#2100, the first T-1 4-8-4 steam locomotive, is outshopped at Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements