FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: Walthers 5517 Becomes 3615

Walthers 5517 Becomes 3615 8 years 1 week ago #5224

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 24
Chris--Ditto on the awesome! I really enjoyed the step-by-step outline of your weathering techniques. The February 2016 RMC and the May 2016 MR each have very good articles on weathering diesels. I'm finishing some FTs and F3s right now and am using some of your methods as well as those from the articles. As soon as the chassis are back from my decoder guy (not always the speediest process) I'll post some shots. Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise with us.--Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris

Walthers 5517 Becomes 3615 8 years 1 week ago #5238

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
Chris--Forgot to ask about the Testor's Clear Parts cement. Is it put directly on the clear surface of the deflectors which are then pressed against the painted surface of the model?...and it dries with no trace on the clear surface of the deflector? I've used Micro-Mark PSA adhesive around the periphery of the window glazing in my diesels; it doesn't sound as if the Micro-Mark product works in the same way as the Testors. If you or anyone else on the forum have any insight, I'd appreciate the information. Thanks.--Dave

Walthers 5517 Becomes 3615 8 years 1 week ago #5240

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
HoboP,Dave...Thanks for the nice comments...glad you found the article informative.I really enjoy sharing my techniques with fellow RDG modelers.

Dave...I apply a light coat of the Testor's Clear to the underside near the edge closest to the side window frames with a microbrush while holding the part with tweezers.I use a light application because the part has to be slid into position,I eyeball it,so the glue will be distributed to the underside of the part...when dried it will be unnoticed.
I used Microscale crystal clear in the past but found it to be too thick and a lot of oozing occurred when the part was applied.To me the Testor's is easier to work with...hope I answered your question.

Walthers 5517 Becomes 3615 8 years 1 week ago #5243

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
Yup, question answered. Thanks, Chris--Dave
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 23, 1955
The Blandon Low Grade line enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements