FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barto branch to see tourist trains next fall

Barto branch to see tourist trains next fall 9 years 9 months ago #3303

• Riggelweg
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 19
If memory serves me correctly, the station that is being moved to Pottstown to serve as an anchor point is a Pennsy station. I'm happy the line is being restored, but what is the deal with all things Pennsy?

MarkFJ wrote:
Here is a link to the wfmz news report:

Historic Colebrookdale Railroad

Looks like the power is ex PRR GP9 #7128 rebuilt as CTR GP10 #7580. I’m guessing after the rebuild, they could not restore the unit to its original PRR road number.

CTR 7580

Mark
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Riggelweg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barto branch to see tourist trains next fall 9 years 9 months ago #3305

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
The two open coaches they got are also not of Reading heritage. Does anyone know if the RCT&HS will be operating any of its collection on this line?

Barto branch to see tourist trains next fall 9 years 7 months ago #3432

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
More updates on the line:
Looks like they’re getting a nice sum of money to get the line going.

Colebrookdale Railroad Gets Big Boost

Let me know if I should post the article in plain text if the complete story doesn't show in the link (it may ask for a password).

Also, the freight house located on Furnace Street in Birdsboro is slated to be dismanteled and moved to Pottstown. The structure will be restored and placed somewhere along the line. If I remember correctly, this freight house was originally used by the Pennsy at or near Birdsboro as part of their Schuylkill Valley line.

One can’t help but wonder if “anything” aside from the tracks themselves will be of Reading Railroad heritage on this line! :unsure:

Mark
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by MarkFJ.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 6, 1945
#2100, the first T-1 4-8-4 steam locomotive, is outshopped at Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements