FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading T-1 in N

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3948

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Well I finally bit the bullet and got started on this thing after 5-6 years of my ConCor 4-8-4 collecting dust. I'll post the first pictures tonight when i get them uploaded. I do have one question so far, however. I don't have a drawing that depicts the width or profile of the firebox, and it is not the typical Wooten that the other massive locos received. Does anyone have info on the dimensions?

So far I have just made the boiler tube. I used a .5" acrylic tube as the "mold" that I then wrapped .020" styrene sheet over. After that I re-wrapped the .020 with .015" sheet. This now is virtually exactly the OD of the T-1 to scale. More to come as I continue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3950

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
several years ago HALLMARK issued the T-1 in Chessie System for their LIONEL christmas ornaments. it fits on N gauge track. I don't know how accurate it is though.
Butch Curll

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3951

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Haha my dad has that...worse than Lifelike quality! But that would make things easier If I would go that route

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3952

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Turbo, here are two pics of a print I have in my collection. I don't know who ever produced them, the scale doesn't even match anything on an old school architect rule! Anyway it may be of help with the cross section profile of the firebox.

Bill
Attachments:

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3953

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
Bill, these were drawn by Ed Wiswesser. And I believe they are O scale . They used to be available from RSME . Butch
Butch Curll

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3955

The drawings may still be available.

See this thread for a discussion about the drawings and their availability:

www.readingmodeler.com/index.php/forum/t...nd-car-dwgs-the-list

Read Riggleweg's first posting on the thread for information about ordering as well as a link to the listing of all the available drawings. The listing includes an address that worked in March 2013. Specifically, to order "T-1 4-8-4 Frt.&Railramble 2100's," ask for drawing # 31 on the list of separately-available ones. It is 1:48 (O Scale). I received my order of drawings within 10 days of placing it by US Mail (YMMV).

Riggleweg's later posting on the same thread listed the drawing that came with the book Steam Locomotives of the Reading and P&R Railroads as #28 out of the 30 in the book. Do not use #28 - unless you want the F.M. 2400 hp Trainmaster :).

George Nelson
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by WindsorSpring.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 23, 1955
The Blandon Low Grade line enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements