FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading T-1 in N

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3956

• DSpohn
  • Brakeman
  • Thank you received: 7
I am a member of RSME. I can get you, or anyone, contact information for Mr. Wiswesser to inquire about availability his drawings. Send me a private message if interested.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3957

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
I have dealt with Riggleweg last year and earlier this year in rergards to more of Mr. Wisswesser's drawings. I have about half of them already, but Rig said that he was not doing well and that he lost support for printing the paper sizes he had drawn. I am still very interested in getting the remainder of his drawings, so if anyone has a good source I would be happy to send payment

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3963

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
Well after some digging into the T1 book by Gottshalk, I found they the firebox was actually one of the parts reused from the I10s. That makes it easy for me, so all I need to do is chop one of my half dozen I10s and put that firebox on the tube. I'll post pics of my progress tonight!

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3966

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
Pics as promised. I cut up one of my I-10s and also realized that the smokebox could be used for the T-1! This is coming together nicely, as I will need to fabricate less parts. I am going to make a few resin resin copies of the front of the smokebox for future models, before I glue this all together. The entire cab off the I-10 can also be used, so I won't even need to cut out the firebox. I will need to sand the roof and fabricate the front of the cab, which won't be difficult. This project will be slow going during the week but I want to get as much done before I start my next college class, because I won't have much spare time at all by then.

I am using a ConCor 4-8-4 chassis as it measures up perfectly to the T-1. I will need to cut off a little of the back side to prevent the chassis from sticking out past the cab though. More to come as I progress.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Turboboost910.

Reading T-1 in N 9 years 3 months ago #3969

You appear to be re-discovering the way they must have been thinking in the Reading Shops. Those frugal engineers and workmen were going to try to expand on everything useful while discarding as little as possible in the project. I saw a photo in a book of an I-10 cab set aside (not discarded!). The same sources mention left over I-10 drivers and other running gear were used to upgrade I-9 types.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

March 16, 1969
The last train makes a stop at the Outer Station in Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements