FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: N scale Reading I10

N scale Reading I10 5 years 1 week ago #6392

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 7
This is a modified spectrum 2-8-0 with the older bachmann shell. The model has a Maxon RE 1016 core less motor. Tender trucks are from the spectrum light mountain and the drawbar needs lengthened to give enough reach for the larger boiler shell. Living with the valve gear for now but may see if Kato gs4 valvegear fit without to much hassle.

IMG_0666.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Chris_L.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

N scale Reading I10 4 years 11 months ago #6419

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
How does the shell fit on the spectrum chassis? I built my #2010 on the original Bachmann chassis, but it doesn’t run as smoothly as I’d like. DCC with tender pickups helps tremendously but t takes a little push to get it going and then it’s smooth. I do have a spectrum chassis but the drivers dont line up as well as in the original Bachmann chassis. I’d rather have smooth running over river counting measurements.
24F916DA-2916-4835-A84D-BFC985F97F12.jpeg

N scale Reading I10 4 years 11 months ago #6420

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
It's pretty much a drop on my man the older shell is longer than the spectrum chassis so you have room for a flywheel if you want one
The following user(s) said Thank You: rick773

N scale Reading I10 4 years 3 months ago #6508

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
I added a v5 loksound micro to the engine and added a styrene extended bunker for the late i10 tender. The speaker is a TCS sugarcube 9mm x 15mm with a styrene enclosure towards the back of the bunker. I was skeptical of how much the enclosure would do since these speakers don’t have much open in the back but the difference between a small enclosure and none is nite and day.

12FD7442-2EBA-4E49-9527-4E904332FF68.jpeg

68690A8E-459E-4F8A-AC9A-0068523F9FC9.jpeg
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 23, 1955
The Blandon Low Grade line enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements