FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Reading offset hoppers in non-revenue service.

Reading offset hoppers in non-revenue service. 9 years 11 months ago #3134

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
I am looking for photos of Reading ballast cars HTux #95720-95729, these were converted from HTu class offset hoppers in June 1963. were they repainted into M of W paint,or just renumbered? also looking for photos of the ice breaker car that was converted from HTv offset hopper #85977, it is listed in the rolling stock reference file on this site as becoming CR 64960.but that number series for Conrail is all M of W gondolas. that number also fits into the HTc class of rebuilt hoppers that was done in the 1960's.I remember the ice breaker car sitting at the Reading shops,the first time I visited there in late 1975. but could not get a photo of it.I would like to model some of these cars.
Butch Curll
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by t1nut.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading offset hoppers in non-revenue service. 9 years 5 months ago #3743

• RDGbuff56
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 4
I have never heard of these. Would they have been repainted yello or just renumbered?

Francis

Reading offset hoppers in non-revenue service. 9 years 5 months ago #3744

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
Here you go..... photo from December 1982. This car was supposed to go to the RCT&HS. All the arrangements were made and a shifter crew somehow managed to get it shifted into Pollack's scrap yard. Once in - it never came out. He paid for it so we couldn't get it out through CR. We offered to pay him more than he paid for it but he wouldn't give it up.

64960icebreaker26DEC82SUN17--82.jpg
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Rob.

Reading offset hoppers in non-revenue service. 9 years 5 months ago #3746

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
Thanks for the photo Rob. I believe the number of the car is from the HTc series.and just relettered CR.
Butch Curll
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 24, 1949
Service on the "King Coal" train from Philadelphia to Shamokin is inaugurated.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements