FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number

Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number 7 years 1 month ago #5824

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
When Atlas first released the ALCO RS3 models, several followed me home. All, except one, were done in the "as delivered" green, while one received the second generation era green. As I had only side photos of the repainted 449, the roof numbers were an unknown. As the model is weathered for the Joanna ore service, the roof number will not be added. Should a photo appear showing these numbers, there will be an extra shot of oxidized ore dust weathering that would obscure the non-existent numbers. <G> Very nice modeling fellows -- so there are now at least two HO models with cab roof numbers and one without.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number 7 years 1 month ago #5825

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Chris...both units look great...nice modeling.Walthers has announced new SW 1200's due January 2018...up graded tooling including the long hood hand railings... No RDG units but I decorated...already placed my preorder... Hopefully they will make it into production
The following user(s) said Thank You: RDG1519

Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number 7 years 1 month ago #5826

• RDG1519
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
That is good news. I note also the roller bearing trucks and bigger fuel tanks.
These are perfect as is for 2515 thru 2519. Did they have an undecorated with Lok Sound or just undecorated without sound?
I was on the website but sometimes it is difficult to navigate the Walthers website.
Chris
Great Grandson of John Kiefer Engineman RDG 1894 to 1932
Member RCT&HS, ARHS, West Jersey Chapter NRHS

Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number 7 years 1 month ago #5827

• RDG1519
  • Fireman
I meant 2715 to 2719.
Chris

Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number 7 years 1 month ago #5830

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Unfortunately, Walthers only offers their undecorated models in dc. Why?... Who knows but they. Hopefully TCS will develope a WOW sound kit for this unit.

Reading new all green switcher and cab roof number 7 years 1 month ago #5832

• RDG1519
  • Fireman
What will probably happen is that the minute I paint one of these SW1200's into the Green and Yellow scheme Walthers and P2K will announce them in multiple numbers.
Chris
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 9, 1839
The entire Main Line of the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad was opened.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements