FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Show Us

Show Us 7 years 1 month ago #5858

• Allan
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 14
Nice models Chris!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris

Show Us 7 years 1 month ago #5862

• RDG1519
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Chris,
These are beautimous!! The loco's are outstanding. I'm glad you are working with the Sound Decoders and DCC. You will never go back to non DCC. Most of my sound units are LokSound and SoundTrax. I have one WOW TCS and I like them once I figured them out.

On another note the Gremlins at Photobucket have deleted a group of pictures from my posts as well.

Did you just upload the same ones again and than post them after editing/deleting the ones that would not display?

If this happens again I will change as well.

Thanks, Chris
Chris
Great Grandson of John Kiefer Engineman RDG 1894 to 1932
Member RCT&HS, ARHS, West Jersey Chapter NRHS

Show Us 7 years 3 weeks ago #5889

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Allan&Chris thanks for the comments

Chris..PB said they were doing maintenance on their system and everyone's pictures will return when completed...mine returned after their maintenance was completed.

Show Us 7 years 3 weeks ago #5890

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Finished another GP7 model. Unit started as an undecorated model from Athearn. Unit was painted using SCII RDG green and I decided to use the new RDG yellow offered by Scalecoat.Because of my lighting in the photos it appears to be much brighter then in person.In future I'll try taking a few pics out in the sun light and compare. I chose 626 and used various photos for reference.
626 running light crossing Sunbury Street

While studying the photos something seemed different with 626's pilot when compared with the other GP7 repaints...and then it finally hit me the chevron pilot stripes were applied with the V pointing up instead of down as on all the other repaints as illustrated below.

Various detail parts were used including Calscale RDG drip strips cut to fit,fire cracker antenna,horn and grabs.The trucks were painted a grimey black and weathered with chalks.

The body weathering was done with paint and chalk powders.

Close up of the conductor smiling for the railfans

Veiws of the engineer's side... please disreguard the unseated dynamic brake hatch.

Overhead shot of the roof area. The fan blades were painted a steel color to help them stand out.

Finally 602 and 626 mu'd

thanks for looking
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Show Us 7 years 3 weeks ago #5891

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Nice job Chris!

Show Us 7 years 1 week ago #5898

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Niiice! Your weathering makes your models convincing. Is it the Real McCoy or a model?
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December, 1947
Construction begins at the Reading Locomotive Shops on ten new G-3 Pacific passenger steam locomotives. These locomotives will be the last Pacific-type engines built in the United States.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements