FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Show Us

Show Us 6 years 2 months ago #6116

• RDG1519
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
Thanks for posting these.
The TCS sound decoder is outstanding. I especially like them on EMD switchers.
Beautiful work as usual.
Chris
Great Grandson of John Kiefer Engineman RDG 1894 to 1932
Member RCT&HS, ARHS, West Jersey Chapter NRHS
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6133

• HHS
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 40
Good Day,
Well, just back from visiting my Mother.
Dad passed on six years ago, and was a Reading Modeler.
N, HO, S, and O scale. He had something in all of them. His #1 criteria was STEAM. No diesels, ever.

Anyway, the collection was large, I kept some items that I favored. Made up some set for the his Grand kids, who wanted them. And we slowly sold off the rest. Took about three years.

Last box today. In it was this HO model of an early 0-8-0, # 251.
I do not know if he kit bashed it, or acquired it from an other Reading modeler, or when.

Enjoy.
Hugh

IMG_20180216_144116039_HDR2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin, jdamelio

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6134

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
If not a P&R locomotive, it is modeled very closely to the early "Push Ups" (Pushers) used on the grade out of Philadelphia and later on grades west of the city. Recall photos of the 0-10-0 and 0-12-0 engines and assume there must have been an eight-coupled engine, too. A very interesting model in its own right. Believe Aristo-Craft(?) made an HO diecast model of the B&O's Winan's camel, which, in appearance, is akin to the P&R locomotives. Thank you for posting.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by HoboPiker.

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6138

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Completed and added five hoppers to my fleet...3 HTc's & two HTx's

First up HTC's...Atlas units painted with SCII paint decaled with RDG modeler decals with a couple added from MS & HK. I toned them down ith the addition of white chalk and several applications of dull coat.

Closer look at each unit... 64982

The HTx's are Kadee products...units came painted black but undecorated... added the decals and light weathering.

Closer look at each unit...88023

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6139

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Also finished two of six 50 foot banners. both units are Kadee offerings and started as undecorated units. After assembly they were painted using SCII RDG green,RDG modeler decals with MS aci plates. Both units will receive weathering later on.
115890 was the first unit completed using various pictures from Bossler's book as reference. I made the mistake of trimming the bottom of the banner decal too close to the yellow and it caused curling of the bottom edge... leave a slight clear film edge for better results.
115890 XMe sid one

Side right

Yes...the doors work

The second unit 19374 XMLd... I used the picture on page 83 of Bossler's book as reference.
Right side

Left side

Open door

Airing out both units
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allan, HoboPiker

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6142

• Allan
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 14
Hard to beat the Kadee cars for looks. Guess I'd rate them top on the hopper game, then Accurail, then Atlas.

Great job on box cars as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October 8, 1958
The diesel facilities and shop at Newberry Junction are destroyed by fire, and are rebuilt the following year.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements