FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Show Us

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6157

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Added weathering to my 2nd XMLd the roof on 374 kept most of it's green paint with rusting more to the center as compared to sister unit 356 where the green paint has completely flaked off over time.

Side one

Side two
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6158

• 2771-chris
Also completed four more boxes from three classes of RDG box cars using RDG modeler decals

The 40's represent class XMw's with the yellow diamond scheme I used photos of each unit as reference but chose to leave the roof walks in place. The models are from Accurail and were factory painted in the RDG scheme before stripping the paint. Units repainted using SCII RDG green,A-line stirrups applied,decals from RDG modeler and MS and weathered with powders.
104210 side one

Side two

104022 side one

Side two

Both units The 210's roof received the rusted weathering effect right on top of the green paint. On 022 I hand painted the roof with Testor's steel color before applying the rust.

Show Us 6 years 1 month ago #6159

• 2771-chris
XMLe class 19700/749 XMLf class 19750/789 units were 40's rebuilt and stretched to 50's hence the silver roof areas. Accurail products were used 19700 was lettered for the CO before stripping and repainting.The yellow on the "D" decal goes to the top of the door so you need to notch the top of the "ING" decal above the "N" so it fits where the top door stop is for correct flank position.
High angle shot 19700

Track side

XMLf 19789 Side one

Side two

High angle

Trackside both units

Well...I can honestly say I'm box car-ed out

Show Us 6 years 3 weeks ago #6163

• 2771-chris
RDG 3622 completed

List of materials
Kato 35 1a undecorated
SCII RDG green and yellow,PS,Floquil and Testors paint also used
CalScale drip strips(cut to fit)and sinclare antenna
MS decals
DW speed recorder
DA mu hoses,arm rests and wind deflectors
TCS 121 sound decoder and AK-MB1 motherboard
TDS super sonic mini speaker and enclosure
Miniatronics 2mm tower LED's
Weathering pan pastels sealed with dull coat

Engineer's side

3622 teamed with 629

Show Us 6 years 3 days ago #6201

• 2771-chris
SACRILEGE :evil: ??? No just modeling on MY Reading RR. Seems 3602 was in the shop around the same time as 3640 and emerged in new dress.

The Walthers unit started life factory painted G/Y and numbered 5505.The unit was disassembled and stripped of the original paint and repainted using SCII Southern green and RDG yellow with various paints from other manufacturers. Detail parts from various companies also used.
MS decals were used and the RDG gods gave me a hard time with the end striping...they kept falling apart and I had to piece them together.
The unit is also equipped with TCS WOW sound with the TDS super sonic mini speaker. Anyway, it was a fun build of a what might of been unit for MY Reading RR.
Couple more side one shots

Side two

Teamed with 3613

Show Us 6 years 3 days ago #6202

• Allan
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 14
Nice work on these!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

June 20-23, 1972
The Reading is devastated by Hurricane Agnes; washouts and damage across the system require significant effort to repair, and also hasten the abandonment of marginal branches.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements