FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Show Us

Show Us 5 years 10 months ago #6218

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
I also decided to take a few pictures of my other 35's out in the sun light. 3620/23/25 were painted using SCII RDG green and Polyscale RDG yellow with the white label.3622/24 were painted with SCII RDG green and yellow

I do like the contrast in the yellow shades especially when mu'd

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Show Us 5 years 10 months ago #6219

• Allan
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 14
Nice string of GP35s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin, 2771-chris

Show Us 5 years 10 months ago #6225

• 2771-chris
Reworked the weathering on my Atlas 265

Originally I high lighted the detail on the body with pencil and blended it in with a micro brush. I reworked this using Tamiya panel line accent color (black)

I also lowered and mounted the drop steps. Looking at photos it seems to me that Atlas compromised and did not tool the drop step tracking low enough...I could be wrong

Proto type pictures showing TM's mu'd with other RDG power show the drop step higher as compared to an emd or alco.
For the fuel spill I used engine and fuel stain by mig

Weathering powders were also reapplied

My goal was to give the unit a look of a hard working locomotive nearing the end of its career

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Show Us 5 years 10 months ago #6226

• 2771-chris
Along with the re weathering of 265 I installed the TCS wow decoder. My plan was to wait and see if TCS would have the proper sounds for the TM's when they introduce their version 5 of the 121 but decided to get one of my TM's running. I compromised using the Alco 244 along with the
Leslie a200 horn. RDG's TM's had Wabco H-6 horns.
Anyway, on my carpet layout 265 is paired with 5207 pullig 45 loaded coal hoppers and the 244 and 251 sound great.
Shots of the lash up

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Show Us 5 years 9 months ago #6247

• 2771-chris
Picked up my two undecorated Atlas C424's about three weeks ago and finished my 5205 yesterday really like what Atlas has to offer but the tooling on this model is really starting to show its age. Sad thing its the only option for a C424 with Rapido's announcement of the RS11 I see a lot of requests for the C424.
C424 5205

Many many detail parts were added from all the diferent manufacturers including the Nathan M3 tilt. Looking at photos of 5205 it seems the original horn was replaced with the tilt.

Four views of the unit's fireman's side

Three views of the engineer's side. The long hood hand rails are wavy... they came that way and I'm trying to remedy the situation.

Looking back to front right side

I used an emd fuel tank gauge to simulate the watchman heater vent on the rear top of the unit next to the sand fill
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by 2771-chris.

Show Us 5 years 9 months ago #6248

• 2771-chris
At this time I'm running a consist of 5205/11/07 pulling a 50 car mixed freight all three units are equipped with TCS WOW sound and sound fantastic together with their 251's. Some pictures of the consist I really like the contrast of the paint shades.

On to the next project
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 6, 1945
#2100, the first T-1 4-8-4 steam locomotive, is outshopped at Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements