FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Show Us

Show Us 6 years 4 days ago #6203

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
This is an extremely plausible rendition. Nice work as always!
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris

Show Us 6 years 4 days ago #6204

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Begs the thought of what the Reading's six axle power would have looked like? With both generations of diesels and some having sported more than one scheme, what would the Reading have looked like then and now? Nice work Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris

Show Us 6 years 4 days ago #6205

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
A quick pic of my RDG X-files. They have been sitting on the shelf since about 1999 figuring if I stare at them long enough one day I may feel inspired to continue on with them. Actually a remnant of an era in the last century where my plan was to model 1983, with the twist of a WM-RDG-CNJ merger. Yes, there are appropriately numbered Reading green SD-35's with WM fireballs and statues on the cab sides and diamonds in the end barricade stripes. I steered back to 1974 when the others in the MR world jumped in on the "What if" trend.
RDGX-files.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years 4 days ago by Rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Show Us 6 years 4 days ago #6206

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
Oh yeah and then there is this "Fuel Stinger" Trailer. These privately designed and custom printed decals have appeared on E-Bay for sale. I didn't my supply, but there they are for sale. Since there is no prototype, and the trucks basically came out of my imagination and encouraged by Greg Yanos, if you bought any on line - this is what they should look like when you get them done. I hope "he" (whoever he is) is just selling off some kind of over-run extras that Rail Graphics did and he didn't waste time printing more thinking they were for real. Not to mention the XMG Boxcar. I know Greg has some of the SD units along with a "Crusader" based Silver and Blue GP-60 (maybe)
2-17-20141.jpg

21092XMgFantasy2-17-20141.jpg

Show Us 6 years 8 hours ago #6208

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Wonder no more. Like the units on the second shelf and the GP30 below it.

Show Us 5 years 10 months ago #6217

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Finished working on my 3624 yesterday. I choose to add the yellow above all four jacking pads and used several pictures as reference.

Again SCII RDG g/y paint were used along with grimy black for the trucks and fuel tank.The handrails were first given a treatment of Bulldog adhesion promoter before receiving the SCII RDG yellow.
The molded on drop steps were carefully cut off and replaced with DA drop steps...I like them mounted in the down position. I also did this to my other 35's and also two Atlas gp7's and replaced the Kadee 158's with 153's.
Views of 3624 fireman's side

Engineer's side

3624 & 3622 heading to their train

Look of the effect the 153's and drop steps

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

January 1, 1955
The Reading begins Trailer-on-Flatcar (TOFC) service between Philadelphia and Chicago in cooperation with the WM, P&WV, and NKP (the "Alphabet Route").

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements