FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What decals for a GP30?

What decals for a GP30? 7 years 6 months ago #5589

Can anyone suggest a decal set(s) for a Reading GP30. It seems I have a correct set for the numbers but I can seem to track down anything in the right color for the safety stripes(whiskers) on the front and rear of the locomotive. The stripes I have are more orange then yellow.

Any help or suggestions appreciated,

Thx,
Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What decals for a GP30? 7 years 6 months ago #5590

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Mark...for ho scale I use microscale RDG #87-686 decal set.

What decals for a GP30? 7 years 6 months ago #5591

So, Chris thanks for the reply back. I checked out the decals you suggested. From what I see your laying those stripes in individually? I just want make sure I'm seeing that right.

Thx,

Mark

What decals for a GP30? 7 years 6 months ago #5592

Oops, I just check again. This is the set I do have. But it looks like the whisker decals are more orange then yellow. Maybe my set is dis colored? Because other ones I'm seeing on the Internet seem more of the right color.

Thx,
Mark

What decals for a GP30? 7 years 6 months ago #5593

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Mark, the safety stripping on the ends and the hand rails at the stairwells were a deeper yellow, orange shade color. The color was rated as a more visible color then the car body's shade of yellow. Photos in Dale Woodland's diesel books clearly show the color difference.

What decals for a GP30? 7 years 6 months ago #5594

Ok guys thanks for the replies. The decal set that Chris mention is it, then.

Thx,
Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October, 1964
The Reading's new green and gold colors are used on 100 new boxcars.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements