FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bowser C430

Bowser C430 7 years 3 months ago #5707

• Allan
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 14
Considering purchase of a HO Bowser Reading C430. Did anyone on the board get one and what were their thoughts on this model. Thanks in advance for your comments.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bowser C430 7 years 3 months ago #5710

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
I bought one about 3 years ago, it only has DCC no sound,it runs great. Butch Curll
Butch Curll
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allan

Bowser C430 7 years 3 months ago #5712

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Totally satisfied. Since going with the ESU LOK Sound decoders, Bowser diesls are high on my list. Smooth speed performance throughout their range, super tracking, strong pullers, awsome prototypical sound. F3, F7, C430 & C630, Baldwin shifters are on the roster, soon to be joined by Baldwin AS16s, all with ESU sound decoders. To date, all have run flawlessly out of the box.

Bowser C430 7 years 3 months ago #5713

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Purchased both RDG units when first released both units were DC and ran flawlessly.I recently converted to DCC and added the ESU retro kit to my 5211 and I was disappointed with the sound...you could hardly hear it.I changed out the 1 watt speaker and added a MRC 2 watt and all I could say is...WOW!! Great sound and control.

Bowser C430 7 years 3 months ago #5715

• RDG1519
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
Buy these big beasts with confidence, like any other Bowser Stewart Locomotives. I would stick with LokSound equipped units or install SoundTrax. My C430 and C630 both have the LokSound. They run great. I also have the C424.
Chris
Chris
Great Grandson of John Kiefer Engineman RDG 1894 to 1932
Member RCT&HS, ARHS, West Jersey Chapter NRHS

Bowser C430 7 years 3 months ago #5733

• Allan
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 14
Got my Reading 5211 in the mail yesterday. Very nice job: Looks great, operates well, sounds like what I remember. Thanks for your recommendations.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Allan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

March 16, 1969
The last train makes a stop at the Outer Station in Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements