FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: HO steam locomotive builder

HO steam locomotive builder 7 years 1 month ago #5811

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
And if it was Bradford, one might want to recall the fiasco the RCT&HS lived through with his T-1 project. - I am having flashbacks of a company "something-else" Locomotive Works that got kicked around and it seemed like it may have been Bradford operating under a new name, with all the same mystery...

Rob
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HO steam locomotive builder 7 years 1 month ago #5813

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Group, Bradford is long gone, only to be under the name "Eddystone Locomotive Works". Now, having picked up an old Bradford piece in a consignment shop many years back, and then coming to find out what this gentleman did to John Greene was truly reprehensible. I'm sure you have figured out my feelings on his products, although they may be "super detailed" if you looked closely at the casting work that was done on my camelback, awful. Also too, the motor was located in the tender, which from the torque needed to move a 2lb boiler, shall we say looked far from prototypical.

Bill

HO steam locomotive builder 7 years 1 month ago #5814

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
eddystone-custom-steam.com/main_page.html

There's his website - appears to be last updated in early 2016. He is now living in Maine (the cynical part of me wonders if the relocation is to avoid the mob bearing torches and pitchforks...)

I echo Rob's sentiments. Having lived through the RCT&HS "Bradford T-1 Debacle" as a member of the Society BOD at the time, and having to ensure that all of the customers who got STIFFED by this guy got a full refund in order to maintain the Society's credibility, not to mention the CRAP that this guy actually delivered - parts falling off the locomotive as it ran, etc., all I can say is:

CAVEAT EMPTOR
PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK
WOULDN'T YOU REALLY RATHER HAVE A DIESEL?

Again, this is simply my opinion, but it's based on personal experience - it was only through the good fortune of finding a buyer for 3 excess MU cars (and collecting payment on those was a whole OTHER RCT&HS adventure) that the Society avoided going in a $30K hole as a result of the Bradford Locomotive Works partnership.

Tom
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com

HO steam locomotive builder 7 years 1 month ago #5819

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
No, definitely not Bradford. I am racking my brain but cannot recall the gentleman's name or name of his business. Thanks to all for the responses. Will post if the cobwebs clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October, 1964
The Reading's new green and gold colors are used on 100 new boxcars.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements