FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What's the difference between a GP40-2 and GP39-2? What year did the Reading dieselize? How many tracks were in Rutherford Yard? This board focuses on a discussion of questions or issues concerning the "prototype" Reading Company and its predecessors. While the aim of this board is to serve as a resource for prototype information for modeling purposes, general discussion and sharing of knowledge is also encouraged.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Official Railway Equipment Registers

Official Railway Equipment Registers 10 years 11 months ago #1211

• rdg1187prr
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 38
Does anyone in this group have access to any of the ORER's. I am looking for information from the 1955-1963 era.
Thanks,
John Caples
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official Railway Equipment Registers 10 years 11 months ago #1213

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
John

I have one from July 1965, will that help? What do you need?

John in KC

Official Railway Equipment Registers 10 years 11 months ago #1214

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
Wish I could help, but my oldest is '69.

Official Railway Equipment Registers 10 years 11 months ago #1216

• rdg1187prr
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 38
In the years before 1970. The ORER's had a section in the rear of the book for "Railroad Owned Trailers". I'm trying to do some research into a series of trailers that the RDG got around 1958 or 59 and they dropped off the roster before 1962 as that is the first ORER that I have.
I know that the trailers were in the #5000 series and they were built by Gindy. I just need to know their dimensions.

Thanks,
John Caples

Official Railway Equipment Registers 10 years 11 months ago #1218

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
John

MY ORER shows these Gindy Trailers:

131-165 , 4091-4100 suspect these are not the ones you are seeking, let me search around for others, I’ll let you know.

Gindy as you may know was acquired by The BUDD Companyin 1974

John
ex-New Hope Br
Now in KC,MO

Official Railway Equipment Registers 10 years 11 months ago #1222

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
none of my ORERs have anything for trailers. is the section in the back of the actual book itself? I only have the Reading pages..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 24, 1859
A new terminal opened at Broad and Callowhill Streets in Philadelphia, north of the old facility at Cherry Street.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements