FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What's the difference between a GP40-2 and GP39-2? What year did the Reading dieselize? How many tracks were in Rutherford Yard? This board focuses on a discussion of questions or issues concerning the "prototype" Reading Company and its predecessors. While the aim of this board is to serve as a resource for prototype information for modeling purposes, general discussion and sharing of knowledge is also encouraged.
  • Page:

TOPIC: RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W

RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W 9 years 6 months ago #3620

I'm currently working on a book about the Carroll Park and Western Railroad that operated in Bloomsburg, PA in the 1960s and 1970s. Three of the cars that were on display there were the XMph Coco Bean Hoppers. I'm looking for information/photos on these cars while at the CP&W or in service on the Reading for use in the book. I'm trying to include the history of the cars that were at the CP&W. I know that #12870 and #12677 were there but can't seem to find the number of the third car. Thanks in advance for any help, it will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W 9 years 5 months ago #3631

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
Was it 12782 ?

John
Kansas City, MO
ex-New Hope Br.

RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W 9 years 5 months ago #3632

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
OOPS ! Meant 12872

John

RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W 9 years 5 months ago #3633

Hi John,
12872? possibly. I do not have any photos of the third one that was at teh CP&W so I can't say for sure. I'll see what else I can dig up on it. By chance do you know where the CP&W purchased them from? I beleive it was sometime between 1960 and 1963.
Thanks,
Andrew

RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W 9 years 5 months ago #3634

Does anyone know where these photos may have orginally come from? Bottom on looks to of been taken at the CP&W as you can see oneof the CP&W coache in the background between the hoppers. How about the top photo any idea o
R-BH-1.jpg

n location?

RDG Coco Bean Hoppers at the CP&W 9 years 5 months ago #3635

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
Andrew,

Have you seen the photos in Bossler's book, "Color Guide to Reading Fright and Passenger Equipment" (or some thing like that) There are color photos in that book and if my memory serves correct it looks like the same building in the background. (lol, just thinking maybe these are the same photos from there) I don't remember what information he has in about the location.

Also I think John Hall may have done some research on these cars. He is on here as SoLanCo on here. Although I haven't seen any postings for a while and he is now WAY south of Lancaster County.

Rob
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

March 8, 1900
Construction of the new P&R locomotive shops at Reading, PA began.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements