FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What's the difference between a GP40-2 and GP39-2? What year did the Reading dieselize? How many tracks were in Rutherford Yard? This board focuses on a discussion of questions or issues concerning the "prototype" Reading Company and its predecessors. While the aim of this board is to serve as a resource for prototype information for modeling purposes, general discussion and sharing of knowledge is also encouraged.

TOPIC: Reading Swinging Bridge Pictures

Reading Swinging Bridge Pictures 6 years 8 months ago #5995

• Rdgrail
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the 8th street side stairs that went up to the swinging bridge at outer station? I found a picture of the outer station side stairs, but not the other side.

Thanks,

- Nick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading Swinging Bridge Pictures 6 years 7 months ago #5996

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
A Bee Line of a couple of years ago has an article of that part of the yard, which shows those steps. I have yet to find that issue.

Reading Swinging Bridge Pictures 6 years 7 months ago #5997

• Rdgrail
  • Fireman
I found an aerial view shot of the yard in a beeline issue. It was the one about the spring street wreck. You can make out what steps are on the other side in that shot. Looks like just steel steps, nothing big actually. It just goes onto a dirt mound haha.

Reading Swinging Bridge Pictures 6 years 7 months ago #5998

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Which issue is this in? The photo I recall was from an earlier time when several company buildings, offices, boarding house were located in the immediate area of the bridge's 8th Street end.
Having spent many summer days and Saturdays hanging out at the Outer Station in the late 50s through the time the second floor offices were moved elsewhere, it still had a fair amount of "rush hour" traffic of people going between home and work. The barricading of the platform stairway was disheartening.

Reading Swinging Bridge Pictures 6 years 7 months ago #6000

• Rdgrail
  • Fireman
It was in the issue Pike Street Stories. The image is on both pages 46 and 47. I'll have to see if I can upload the picture.

Nick
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 1, 1953
The last Hall "banjo-style" signals are removed from service, and are replaced with color-light signals.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements