FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 month ago #776

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
HELLO...
while it has not been asked of since the forum has come back online, let me tell you that the proposed meet of Reading modelers has hit a snag. This event will be organized independently of The Reading Modeler.
I and others however, still believe an event is possible and am pursuing other sponsors and local support. Before we reveal any other possible event information, I would like to get your feedback on the following questions....
would you prefer a social time on Friday evening or strictly a one day event?
for model display, would you prefer “science fair” style, or presentation style?
should a lunch be included or optional?
should a RCT&HS train show ticket be included or optional?
should layout tours be included?
how many people would you expect to attend this event?
will YOU attend this event?
will you help with this event?
The Planning Team really needs your input to these questions!! Please cut/paste these questions into your response and answer them as soon as possible. Feel free to ask other event related questions and I'll answer what I can. THANKS!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by rdg-barry. Reason: added poll
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 month ago #843

• otiscnj
  • Brakeman
  • Thank you received: 2
Can you provide a few more details? I missed it on the old website.

I live about 2 hours east of Hamburg, if that's where its to be held. I might attend, depending on the date(s), and other details, or possible conflicts.

I'm a member of the RCT&HS all ready. Probably just me.
Layout tours would be nice, if its doable.
Friday night isnt so good for me. Lunch could be a socializing event-could be an option.
Science fair display lets you look at what you want-skip the stuff you're not as interested in.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 month ago #850

• rdg-barry
THANKS otiscnj for your response! Was getting a little concerned that everyone was viewing and no responses were given! ;)

As for more details, here's what I can offer at this time...
Friday-
7pm-10pm - Registration & Social at the Reading Railroad Heritage Museum
Saturday-
8am-5pm - Meet Hours and model displays and vendor sales
8am-10am – registration
11:30am-12:30pm – lunch
1pm-5pm – clinics
7pm-10pm – layout tours (self-drive – we provide directions/maps)

This is/was our event plans, which could change, but I'm hoping not as I feel it's a very nicce event schedule. The plan was to also give each participant a ticket to the RCT&HS Fall train show on Sunday, as a bonus.
Still looking for feedback from any and all interested.
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 4 weeks ago #914

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
Maybe I'm missing it, but what is the date of this proposed event? That would play heavily into my ability to attend.
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 4 weeks ago #915

• rdg-barry
morning Wowak!!
the proposed dates for this event are Friday and Saturday, October 4-5, 2013. This is the same weekend as the RCT&HS Fall Show on Sunday, Oct 6th.

Progress continues on the event planning and we should have an announcement in about 2 weeks.

comments, suggestions are still welcome!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 4 weeks ago #921

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
Hmmm... I generally take my vacation over Labor Day weekend, so time off after that is generally unpaid, and I'm supposed to be coming home for a wedding 10/12, so I definitely can't take a whole week up north... it's looking grim for me.
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1956
The connection between the Reading Belt Line and the Lebanon Valley Branch near Reading enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements