FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1738

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Hello everyone... yes, online GUESTS too!! Do you know that ALL of the GUESTS that check into this site are also welcome to attend this event? YES!!! This event IS open to the public!! Anyone that has an interest in modeling the Reading RR is welcome!! Please consider pre-registering very soon!!

Attention to all... DEADLINE approaching!! You MUST be pre-registered in order to sign-up for Lunch on Saturday and/or an event t-shirt. The deadline is Sunday, September 15th!! That's ONLY 3 weeks away!!

We need you to do that, because we must have a count ahead of time, so we can order food and shirts. Please remember... these will NOT be for sale at the event!!

MORE Great news... more door prizes!! Kalmbach Publishing is sending us 2 - 1 year subscriptions to Model Railroader Magazine. Thank-you to them!! We have more letters/emails out to more companies to try to get more door prizes!

Thanks for your support! Hope to see YOUR registration soon!!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by rdg-barry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1815

• rdg-barry
OK Reading Modeler members....
I've been conversing with Tom and since he is very busy still, here's what we've come up with...
Since this event was "born" from this site, I still want to have something related to only the membership here. The best we can think of is getting together for dinner on Saturday, Oct 5th at 5:30pm.

Tom had a place in mind in Leesport, Hoss's, that has a seperate room we could probably use. I know of Cracker Barrel in Hamburg, but they may get very busy on a Saturday night.
If anyone else has a nearby suggestion - please let me know!

You do not have to attend the MEET in order to show-up for this dinner. This is another "extra" for those that are attending the MEET and are members here on the forum/website.

Who would be interested? Who would attend?

In other RRRMM news... Walthers and Bethlehem Car Works will be donating door prizes to the MEET! And Tom will be doing a clinic on making decals on Friday night. THANKS to all for your support!!

PLEASE remember... Sept 15th is the deadline to register for the saturday lunch and an event t-shirt! You CAN still attend the event and even register on Friday night or Saturday at the door!!

I see we picked up another YES on the poll... cool! Hope to see you there. Only 31 days away!!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by rdg-barry.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1850

• HHS
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 40
Mailed out my registration this past Friday.
I will be bringing the S scale T1 and G3 scratch built by Frank Titman.
I am now the care taker of these two. S is a tough scale to be in, but these can be an inspiration to get back to your work bench and build.

HHS

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1853

• rdg-barry
HI HHS... !! Thanks for registering! Looking forward to meeting you and my fellow Reading modelers!

FYI - Digitrax has donated our event lanyards and name badge holders for the Meet!!

I'm in contact with newer member CharlieZ and he may be able to do a clinic. If he can, that would fill our schedule!

Less than a month to go... can't wait!!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1855

• RobHinkle
  • Freight Agent
  • Thank you received: 9
I've just sent my registration in so I will be there as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

I'd be up for the dinner at Hoss's I've eaten there before and it's good food and does have the private room area.

Barry, if you still need one i'd be willing to do a clinic on the Reading Paperwork that i've collected if you still need someone to talk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdg-barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1856

• rdg-barry
HI Rob!! Thanks too, for registering for the MEET!!

I have CharlieZ possibly doing a clinic on his G scale modeling... If he decides not to do the clinic, I'll still have one spot on Friday evening to fill. If Charlie wants to do the clinic... maybe I can add a clinic spot on Saturday morning! Please give me a few days to see what Charlie says...

THANKS!!!!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements