FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!
  • Page:

TOPIC: heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe

heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe 11 years 1 week ago #1242

Came across an interesting diesel by Norfolk Southern, a Reading Lines SD-70 ACe heritage unit.
There is an O scale model by MTH trains.
Another model is an SD-90 by Williams in O scale with Reading Lines on it. Supposed to be a heritage unit by Norfolk Southern also.

Lee F.
My grandfather, C. D. Fritz, retired from the Reading Company.
I graduated from Muhlenberg High in Laureldale PA.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe 11 years 1 week ago #1244

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
Lee - NS painted one (only 1) Heritage Unit. SD-70ACe. The SD-90is just manufacturer trying to cash in with what he has on hand.

heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe 11 years 1 week ago #1260

Thank you for the info J.Bill.
Like I mentioned about the SD-90 in 3 rail O gauge, supposed to be :ohmy:
It costs $275.00 plus shipping from Western Depot.

Lee F.
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by phillyreading. Reason: new inof

heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe 10 years 8 months ago #1616

Got the O gauge 3 rail version, MTH SD-70 ACe in Reading Lines, rather nice looking model. It's the Railking model with PS-3, and can be used with DCS or DCC by throwing a switch to change modes, $306.00 with shipping.

Williams/Bachmann wants way more for their fantasy SD-90 model in conventional mode.

Lee F.

heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe 10 years 8 months ago #1617

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Kato just had some preproduction n scale SD70ACe heritage units and shells at the National Train Show in Atlanta. These are reported to be more accurate than the Athearn HO version, which has been out for about a year now. I can't comment on O scale, but would bet that the Kato n scale units will be a hit with collectors.

www.katousa.com/N/SD70ACe/index.html

www.athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?Sear...=NS+Heritage+SD70ACe

It still bugs me a little that the paint crew at NS didn’t center “Reading Lines” in the diamond on the sides of the cab. Guess they had their reasons for placing the stencils where they did.

heritage diesels, NS Reading SD-70 ACe 10 years 8 months ago #1630

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Here's a photo I received via email of the Heritage units line-up... recreated in HO scale using the Athearn models... nice!
Attachments:
Thanks,
Barry
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 5, 1833
The Philadelphia and Reading (P&R) Railroad began operations.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements