FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1678

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 24
I spilled a bottle of PolyScale Grimy Black paint this week. How's that?!!! I was drybrush weathering some freight car wheels and caught the bottle with my brush. Since the Floquil stuff is no longer made, this was not one of my better moves...I did finish the XMWa boxcar and now am adding decals and weathering to a Bowser RDG F3 and a couple XMy boxcars.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1697

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
I've been modeling RDG diesels for twenty plus years and finally built my first extended cab for my proto sd45's.It turned out well but mating it with the proto body is going to take some work.Going to try modifying the proto cab and see what results I achieve there.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1718

• JoannaBill
  • Thank you received: 63
Cleaned up the work area. the RS-3 Erecting Hall re-opens this week.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1719

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
Built, painted and lettered two 40' Branchline boxcars:

XMw 114170
XMa 107653

Got the chance to try the Microscale boxcar set - decals are very fragile, and only allow you to letter an XMw or XMwa car. Script inside the diamond is also incorrect. When the Reading Modeler releases a set for the boxcar red speed lettering cars, these and other flaws will be rectified...
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoannaBill

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1725

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
need to get HO scale decals for ACF center-flow covered hoppers, and 3 bay ribbed covered hoppers. and for XApa 60 ft. boxcar.
Butch Curll

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1747

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
Took delivery of the number decals for the HTD hoppers. Acquired 6 more Branchline boxcars for stripping, painting and lettering. Cleaned the garage. Then, based on a surprise tip from Facebook, went trackside and caught this...
rdgheritageunit.jpg
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 24, 1859
A new terminal opened at Broad and Callowhill Streets in Philadelphia, north of the old facility at Cherry Street.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements