FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster.

Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster. 9 years 10 months ago #3178

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
thanks for the video link Mark! It will be nice to see these in almost RDG paint!!
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster. 9 years 10 months ago #3183

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
That was a really neat video, thank you for sharing! Every so often when I am home one rumbles in front of my residence, to say the least the war bonnet scheme will always be a classic!

Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster. 9 years 8 months ago #3386

• Casey
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 57
Looks like they are working on painting them, looks good solid green.

Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster. 9 years 8 months ago #3387

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Yes...seen that picture on North East Rails this a.m. Once completed I think they will be very sharp looking units.

If you check out the RBMN web page...there is a picture of 425 and sitting behind it appears to be another 30 repaint.Comparing both pictures one unit has number boards on the long hood the other does not.
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by 2771-chris. Reason: additional info

Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster. 9 years 8 months ago #3388

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
That’s a nice shot and I like their choice of colors! Wouldn’t mind getting some pics of these units myself. How “railfan” friendly is the R&N? It looks like these units are parked next to a (public?)road.

Reading & Northern to add GP30Ms to roster. 9 years 8 months ago #3389

• Riggelweg
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 19
I thought at first it was James Thorpe, but I checked on RR Picture Archives (shouldn't it be RR Pictures Archive?), and it's Port Clinton. Not sure if there are public roads around there, but there is a great candy store nearby on Rt. 61!
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Riggelweg.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 13, 1937
The Reading places the 5-car "Crusader" streamlined passenger trainset into Philadelphia-New York service. This train increases traffic on this line by 37% in 1938.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements