FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: Items of Interest

Items of Interest 9 years 10 months ago #3141

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
For those interested MB Klein(Model Train Stuff)Baltimore is selling their remaining stock of RDG Athearn Genesis GP7's.$89.99 for dc,$149.99 for dcc&sound.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Items of Interest 9 years 10 months ago #3160

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
When Kato released its version of Reading’s GP35 and SD45, many said the colors were too bright. Well, take a look at this slide I found on eBay of a pair of GP35s (no 6501 & 6506) at East Penn Junction in 1964. Those colors look nearly florescent! B)

RDGGP356501.jpg

Mark

Items of Interest 9 years 10 months ago #3164

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
They look VERY new. Nice shot though.

Items of Interest 9 years 10 months ago #3166

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
The snow cover and winter blue sky really make the units stand out...Nice picture.

Items of Interest 9 years 10 months ago #3168

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
The photo was right after they were new, notice the 6500 series numbers.
Butch Curll

Items of Interest 9 years 10 months ago #3188

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Hello Group:

Toy Train Heaven is having a clearance sale on their “Cloud 9” web site. They have a few Athearn RDG RS-3s listed for $68.99 and some Walthers RDG GP-30s for $99.99. These are pretty good prices for both items (I’ve already ordered one of each for myself). There are some other items listed at reduced prices, but these two locomotives caught my eye and I thought others here might want to jump on the deals before they are gone.

Thanks, Mark
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 24, 1949
Service on the "King Coal" train from Philadelphia to Shamokin is inaugurated.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements