FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading U30C

Reading U30C 9 years 3 months ago #3971

• VCtrainmaster
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks Ron! I have been sitting on an Atlas U-30-C model along with a few Athearns. I chose to use the Atlas and was going to cut parts of the Athearn body long hood, but then I found that Proto made a U-30B and was going to get one till I saw the adv for the riverossi /Hornby. I was not sure how far off a phase U-28-C would be. Thanks for the heads up. Back to the proto U30B ph 1 model. Post some pics when you get that far. Thanks again to all!
Daniel J Mohr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading U30C 9 years 3 months ago #3972

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
years ago back in the olden days(before DCC) I did an Athearn blue box U28C for Reading. the body was very close to the Reading units.
Butch Curll
Butch Curll

Reading U30C 9 years 3 months ago #3973

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Laughing here Butch! At that time, it's all we had. I did one for myself back in the day and sold it off. I have a very poor pic of it. Maybe I'll post it if I can clean it up. I'm not sure when I'm going to dive into the U30c build Dan. I'm waiting on some etch from a friend that I will be using in that build. At least that's my excuse at this time, I'm just trying to complete other projects which isn't working very well for me. Time seems to be an issue. :(

Reading U30C 9 years 1 month ago #4212

I started on a u30c a couple years ago, and found that the u30b from proto looked better because of the detail behind the radiator. I got sidetracked with life, but hope to get back on it soon. The proto hood is just a we bit narrower than the atlas
12-26-11011.jpg

12-26-11009.jpg

12-26-11012.jpg
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by BeeLineAlco.

Reading U30C 9 years 1 month ago #4213

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
This loco makes me glad that I model the 50s, because after the RS-3, Alco went backwards in esthetically pleasing locomotives...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April 12, 1962
The Reading purchases the first production GP30 (#5513) from EMD as part of initial order of 20 locomotives.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements