FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: RDG 2100 Initial Inspection Released

RDG 2100 Initial Inspection Released 8 years 8 months ago #4706

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Much encouraging news came from the initial inspection report on the condition of the 2100. You can read the full report on fireup2100.org or follow this discussion on rypn.org.

Bottom line; it looks like we’ll see the 2100 back in action much sooner than the 2102. Those working on her at American Steam Railroad group seem to really know what they’re doing!

Thanks, Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RDG 2100 Initial Inspection Released 8 years 7 months ago #4712

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Thanks Mark for the link! I had two friends also send the link to me in emails! It was very good news.
I have to admit, I still have not donated to this cause, but still plan to!
Thanks,
Barry

RDG 2100 Initial Inspection Released 8 years 7 months ago #4714

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
There seems to be a lot of activity in the railroad restoration arena these days, which is a good thing. That in itself could be a problem; too many hands holding out for two few donation dollars. I mean you have very well publicized Big Boy and J1 restoration projects getting a lot of attention these days. That, and the PRR K-4 1361 project seems to finally be getting back on track (no pun intended). I’m sure Pennsy fans are tired of waiting for her return. I’ll also mention the PRR T1 trust fund only because I like ambitious project, although I doubt it (a fully functioning replica T1) will happen.

I’m not one to stand on a stump and beat the drum for donations…but for those of us who aren’t getting any younger and want to see a Reading T1 back in steam, this is our best chance.
Maybe the R&N will get motivated to work on the 2102 now that the 425 has been repainted and is running well. However, I haven’t heard even a whisper about the 2102 since my last post on the matter in this forum.

Mark
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MarkFJ.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements