FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: Decal & Markers search

Decal & Markers search 7 years 1 day ago #5882

Dear Friends of the Reading Company. I've been on a quest to find decals for the Reading's RS-3. I've just completed an old Hobbytown metal kit. It's primed and painted and ready for the decals. My old kit box was devoid of any decals. I've tried Highball Graphics and many others. No one seems to carry Reading decals for 1st generation diesel locomotives. If you can give me some suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.
One other quick question, would anyone know who carries the old style Reading rear end markers for passenger equipment, the ones that were painted yellow on the prototypes.. Any reasonable marker will work. I don't want a lighted marker just the old style where I can place the colored gems in myself. Thank you for any suggestions you can throw my way.
I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and if I can help anyone just give me a shout. I grew up riding Reading trains in the 50's and 60's. I wish I could go back for a day and ride out of Reading Terminal on the olive green trains. Memories will have to do, sadly. Most never heard of the Reading.
Johnny C, Engineer, #413 The Rocket
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Decal & Markers search 7 years 1 day ago #5883

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
try Microscale HO set 87-691 Reading Lines diesels 1939-1976 has what you are wanting

Decal & Markers search 7 years 23 hours ago #5884

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Herald King by Miller Advertising (HO decal line was dropped in the early 2000s.) Their first generation set, L-504 if memory serves, is spot on. They show up occasionally on eBay.
Look for Model Diecast Corp. (Roundhouse) marker lights, also long out of production but show up occasionally on eBay. Those are the nearest in size to the prototype. Adding a small flange, disk to the bottom helps.
Last Edit: 7 years 22 hours ago by HoboPiker. Reason: Added marker info.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 1, 1953
The last Hall "banjo-style" signals are removed from service, and are replaced with color-light signals.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements