FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: RDG SD45

RDG SD45 10 years 8 months ago #1676

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Running down the stretch here, I attach the plow with CA and add the mu hoses. I brush them with a flat black and dab a little Model Masters steel on the ends. I then dirty the hoses up with a wash to match the pilot dirt.

Next I added etched walkway chain and painted them steel and toned them down with a dirt wash. I also added a short piece of etched chain to the brake wheel.

I did forget to mention that I had added wind deflectors to the cab. I used DW#354 and after attaching them to the cab, I brush painted dullcote on them to reduce the shine.

Lastly, I modified Kadee #33 coupler boxes to fit Kadees #153 scale coupler. I weathered them up before adding them to the body.
This project is now complete!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RDG SD45 10 years 8 months ago #1677

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39

RDG SD45 10 years 8 months ago #1681

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 24
Wow! That is one sharp looking model. Thanks for sharing the photos and construction info.--Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdg5310

RDG SD45 10 years 8 months ago #1699

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Dave...Great job...Fine looking model.

I'm currently starting my proto sd45 projects.Built the cab using cannon thin walls.Going to try modifying the proto cab.

RDG SD45 10 years 8 months ago #1705

• Riggelweg
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 19
Fantastic work, Ron. This has been enjoyable to follow.

RDG SD45 10 years 8 months ago #1706

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Super nice job Ron!!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 13, 1937
The Reading places the 5-car "Crusader" streamlined passenger trainset into Philadelphia-New York service. This train increases traffic on this line by 37% in 1938.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements