FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 7 months ago #1998

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
Spent the day at the Reading Modelers Meet. Had a great time and put faces to some of the guys on this site. I also had the opportunity to learn a few new things from conversations with other modelers. I have already volunteered to conduct another clinic next year. If you didn't make it this year and the event is held again, I recommend you include it in your schedule.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 7 months ago #1999

• rdg-barry
  • Thank you received: 44
HI Guys... THANKS for the thanks!!
The MEET did go well and I believe everyone had a great time. We do hope to do it again next year, so watch for those announcements around the first of the year (or so...).

Thanks for all of your support!!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 7 months ago #2000

My compliments to the crew who put together this weekend's Reading Modelers Meet. It was a great gathering with a great array of clinics and some of the finest Reading models I've ever seen.

If you didn't make it, you really missed a great event.

Thanks again to everyone for their hard work in planning and executing the meet.

Dave Owens
West Hartford, Conn.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 7 months ago #2001

• otiscnj
  • Brakeman
  • Thank you received: 2
Had a great day and evening thanks to the Reading Modeler's Meet. The models displayed were great! Topics were very interesting also, particularly relating to the RS-3s. Enjoyed the layout tour tonight, as well as talking to the hosts about their models. Allowed me to get to the RDG T&HS Museum for the first time, and was much more impressed than I expected. Looking forward to future events like this.

Carl Shaw
Sparta, NJ
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by otiscnj.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 7 months ago #2002

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
Thanks go to Barry for a great meet. hopefully next years will be bigger and better. had a great time meeting faces that go with names from the web-site. also all the excellent models. the clinics were informative and helpful. it gave me alot of ideas for future modeling. Butch Curll
Butch Curll

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 7 months ago #2010

• rdg5310
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
It was a great day and I hope next years is better.It was good to meet all the members that attended. I have also agreed to do another clinic for next year, unless something unexpected crops up. I will do a clinic on modeling the AS16. So if the AS16 is up your alley, please make the plans to be there. All of us that attended would really like to meet those that couldn't attend this year. Thanks goes to Barry for getting this together and to Tom who really made this group happen through his efforts with the site. :)
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April, 1957
The famous green "READING LINES" bridge over Shepps Dam on the Reading Belt Line (near Carpenter Steel) enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements