FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What's the difference between a GP40-2 and GP39-2? What year did the Reading dieselize? How many tracks were in Rutherford Yard? This board focuses on a discussion of questions or issues concerning the "prototype" Reading Company and its predecessors. While the aim of this board is to serve as a resource for prototype information for modeling purposes, general discussion and sharing of knowledge is also encouraged.

TOPIC: Share Your Prototype Photos

Share Your Prototype Photos 8 years 11 months ago #4398

• glenonoko
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 5
The present Port Kennedy passenger station was built in 1904.

Last I saw, it was in poor condition with holes in the roof. A case of demolition by neglect by the National Park Service.

-- Rick Bates
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WindsorSpring

Share Your Prototype Photos 8 years 11 months ago #4411

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
you can't get to the Port Kennedy station now, it is in the middle of a super fund clean-up site.
Butch Curll

Share Your Prototype Photos 8 years 11 months ago #4424

Great pic taken by the Dad of my friend Warren Avis. His Dad, Lee, was a long time PRSL freight agent, who shot a lot of good footage in the 50's (Warren also worked for the PRSL). This is a G3 around 1955 or so, on the final leg of a PRSL Philly-to-Cape May/Wildwood train. They were leased by the PRSL as they could take a train form Philly to Wildwood, a little under 90 miles, without taking on water. They ran 10 to 15 cars, running the 46 miles non-stop from Haddonfield to Tuckahoe on 80 mph main line..the rest between 60 and 70. This is near Dennisville, below Tuckahoe. The train will split at Wildwood Jct and proceed to Wildwood with the connection travelling to Cape May. Rdg G3 and a nice, available-from-Rdg Modeler crossbuck!
W.AvisG3WoodbineJct1954.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Share Your Prototype Photos 8 years 11 months ago #4471

• JoannaBill
  • Thank you received: 63
Bought this Houser Collection slide on Ebay. 4-RS-3's at Joanna, running light. Must be lunch time. 2/10/1967.
Attachments:

Share Your Prototype Photos 8 years 11 months ago #4472

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Nice shot. JoannaBill, you seem to have a lot of nice slides. Do you ever get them printed? If so, where and how much does it cost? I have a couple dozen slides I would like scanned (or “digitized”) and at least 5 or 6 slides I want printed as 8 x10s. No one seems to process slides any more, just digital images.

I was looking into slides scanners, but they can get a little pricy and I won’t be money well spent because I have so few slides.

Thanks, Mark

Share Your Prototype Photos 8 years 11 months ago #4473

• JoannaBill
  • Thank you received: 63
Mark:

SOme slides were shot by me and others have been purchased on ebay. Yes, I get them printed. I bouth an HP photo pronter some years ago and it's still going strong. I scan my slides on an Epson flat scanner at my office.

Message me if you want ro talk about scanning and/or printing for you.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April 12, 1962
The Reading purchases the first production GP30 (#5513) from EMD as part of initial order of 20 locomotives.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements