FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What's the difference between a GP40-2 and GP39-2? What year did the Reading dieselize? How many tracks were in Rutherford Yard? This board focuses on a discussion of questions or issues concerning the "prototype" Reading Company and its predecessors. While the aim of this board is to serve as a resource for prototype information for modeling purposes, general discussion and sharing of knowledge is also encouraged.

TOPIC: Share Your Prototype Photos

Share Your Prototype Photos 9 years 8 months ago #3407

The Penalty box was the flagging assignment when the construction for the new highway was ongoing. A flagman was assigned, a small watch box was built at Wyo. jct, and one west, at Sinking Springs. None of the other trainman wanted to work this boring 12 hour a day job. I loved it, I sat in the box and took pictures of the trains going by, except when I had to handle orders. And got paid for it....One of the best summers of my life!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Share Your Prototype Photos 9 years 6 months ago #3532

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
A took a few shots of the 113 and the Minersville station this evening, after finishing up an equipment repair a few miles away.
Attachments:

Share Your Prototype Photos 9 years 6 months ago #3639

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
I've had trouble posting here since I upgraded to a new computer, but here is a shot of RDG 449 at Tamaqua, 6/30/1972. J W Hulsman photo
Attachments:

Share Your Prototype Photos 9 years 5 months ago #3651

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Hello Group,

I try not to post too many eBay photos, but this one caught my eye and I thought it worth sharing. Not too many photos around of Reading GP30s in their original paint scheme (yellow sill) and sans front diamond decal. Looks like the paint is still fresh in this shot taken on 4-14-62 in Allentown.

RDGGP305514.jpg

Thanks, Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdamelio

Share Your Prototype Photos 9 years 2 months ago #4122

• JoannaBill
  • Thank you received: 63
Here's a photo of Grace Mine, taken on 2/12/1967. Charles Houser photo from my collection. Check out the gems in the back.
Attachments:

Share Your Prototype Photos 9 years 3 weeks ago #4320

• rdg-barry
  • Thank you received: 44
received this photo today... ex RDG GP7 now residing in Michigan/Indiana!

Photo is from a friend, Rich Mahaney, taken in Hillsdale, MI on April 4, 2015

IMG_2286.jpg
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 6, 1945
#2100, the first T-1 4-8-4 steam locomotive, is outshopped at Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements