FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 6 months ago #2043

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
I have to say I really enjoyed the meet, never was to anything like this, am looking forward to next year and will bring some models. The AS-16 seminar should be well worth it providing Ron does it, the high hoods especially! I want to say thanks Tom for the decal seminar, there are a few sets I would like to do and now that can happen. Lastly a big thanks to Barry for assembling a great show the first time around!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 6 months ago #2055

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Hello everyone....
While many have given me Thanks for the event, that really needs to go to everyone involved - clinic presenters, layout hosts, Jim & Carol Adams for lunch and treasurer work, John Greene for accepting faith in the event plans and taking this on as an official RCT&HS event! THANKS to you all!!!

From the comments here and at the MEET, it appears everyone did enjoy themselves and for that I am grateful. Besides simply having the event, having those attend have a good time and enjoy themselves was high on the priority list!

For the record... we had 30 participants and 3 vendors attend the MEET. One participant came from Texas! He was going to visit his parents anyway, but chose our weekend so that he and his dad could attend! We gave out 16 certificate awards for participant voting on the models presented. We gave out about 12 door prizes and one Grand prize, which Earl Paine won! We did loose some money on the event, but if 3-4 more people had registered we would had that taken care of too! By ALL accounts... the first ever READING RR MODELERS MEET was a success! THANKS to all!

SO... yes... we will plan a MEET II for next year. I've already started to gather info on possible dates and other events that could hinder the MEET II. I'll be getting with the Planning Team toward the end of this year to begin discussions for the next event. Hopefully, more of you will be able to attend and enjoy the event!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. The trip home was good (except for the 20 minute monsoon on PA-322) and I just needed a few days to get some other things done and get back into the swing of work and "things".

Thanks Rob for posting pictures! I too have many and will get a presentation together, including the winners of the certificate awards. Looking forward to the MEET II already!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 6 months ago #2056

• rdg-barry
OOPS... forgot to add.....

I have one LARGE size event t-shirt available for purchase. $18 plus $8 to ship to you! First to send me an email gets it!

NOW... if you want an event t-shirt, I do have to place an order and would be happy to order one for you! Send me an email please - (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) with the size you need. Will need this paid for up-front and prices will be the same - small-XLarge = $18, XXL and XXXL will be $20 and add $8 shipping.

However - DEADLINE!!! I need your order/email by Monday, Oct 14th!!!
thanks...
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 6 months ago #2063

• rdg-barry
Here are your model award winners!!!
Congratulations to all!!

NOTE! - this was not a model contest. These awards were given by a simple popular vote of the participants!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by rdg-barry.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 6 months ago #2064

• jdamelio
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 3
Enjoyed the photos. Especially glad to see the MUs were included at the meet.
Jeff D'Amelio
RCT&HS 1628
Modeling Doylestown to the Terminal, if only in my head!
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by jdamelio. Reason: correct spelling

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 6 months ago #2072

• rdg-barry
HI Guys...
I know there was a survey form in the event program, but I don’t know if anyone is going to mail that in. Thus, here’s a quick survey of our recent event..... please copy the questions and place your answers below each one.... (this is different than the printed survey)

Did you like the October dates of the MEET and that the RCT&HS Fall Train Show was the next day?

What other possible dates would you consider to be best for this event?

Should this MEET remain Reading RR only, or include others? If yes, which others and why?

This year’s MEET was an evening and one day of activities; would you attend a full 2 day event – Friday & Saturday? (full day = 8am-10pm)

We had 6 clinics this year. Was that enough or not enough?

Did you attend the layout tours? Should we do layout tours again?

What was the best part of the MEET for you?

What was the worst part of the MEET for you?

Other comments/suggestions you have for future MEETS?

THANKS for your help and comments!!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 13, 1937
The Reading places the 5-car "Crusader" streamlined passenger trainset into Philadelphia-New York service. This train increases traffic on this line by 37% in 1938.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements