FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: READING RR MODELERS MEET II

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 7 months ago #3513

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
I also had a great time, Barry you did a fantastic job. Looking forward to next year, hopefully I can take Friday off for the layout tours!
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdg-barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 6 months ago #3520

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Thanks guys... I do what I can and hope it all works out!!

Yes... it seems I'm on the hook for a MEET-III in 2015!! What will it entail? When will it be? (most likely the "same time" but maybe not the same dates) I'm always looking for suggestions and to improve the event. For those that attended, I'll email you an event survey, which will help gage what we need to do for next year.

Thanks again for attending!!
THANKS to Ron, Bill, Dick, Tom and Brian for the great clinics!
THANKS to James, Jim and James for the layout tours!
THANKS to the Reading Modeler and Tom!
THANKS to Hamburg High School!
THANKS to the Reading & Northern RR !!
and THANKS to the planning Team - Tom, Butch, John, Jim & Carol, Bill, Dave and Jonathon!!
Thanks,
Barry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 6 months ago #3527

• rdg-barry
READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET II - post event report!
The Reading RR Moderlers Meet II is completed. Over the 3 day event, Friday-Sunday, Sept 26-28 we had great fun! Our attendance increased 33% to a total of 40 for the MEET-II. We'll take it!!
The event started on Friday afternoon with registration open at the Reading Heritage Museum. After a break for dinner, 3 layouts were available for tours. The Schulykill & Lehigh Model RR Club, The Reading Society of Model Engineers and Jim Hertzog. All three were great tours! On Saturday was the "meat" of the MEET-II at Hamburg High School with 5 clinics, model displays and vendors. The models shown were fantasic in quality and in true Reading RR form! We also had another great lunch, put together by Jim and Carol Adams! Participants voted on their favorite models in 5 different catagories. Your Best of Show winner was the "Darby Breaker" built by Fred Phillips. After the presnetation of awards, we gave out the door prizes. These were donated by Walthers, Model Railroader Magazine, Exact Rail, TCS-WOW decoders, Daylight Sales, Bachmann, Broadway Limited, Kato and Woodland Scenics. Other companies supported the event through other donations - Dixitrak, MTP-Model Train Products and the Reading Modeler.com. After another dinner break, several participants attended the Reading Modeler.com Users Conclave at the HQ hotel, the Hamburg MicroTel. Here we looked over the website and all of it's features and had some general model railroading and Reading RR discussions. We wrapped up the event on Sunday with a rare tour of the shops at the Reading & Northern Railroad in Port Clinton. This was a great ending to the event, as we walked through the car shops, loco shops and the square roundhouse, seeing Reading RR T-1 2102! Many Thanks to the Reading & Northern for their hospitality!
But wait... there's more! Participants also got into the RCT&HS Fall Train show for free with their MEET-II badge! I'm sure many attended and hopefully found a bargain or two.
As we departed the shop tours on Sunday, those present gave a resounding call for a MEET-III in 2015. Our Planning Team will be discussing that soon, so we can set our dates and make a formal announcement at the December RCT&HS meeting.
A HUGE THANKS to the RCT&HS Board and members who helped with this event in any way! Thank-you for allowing me to be Chairman and give back to the RCT&HS with another sucessful event.
Sincerely,
Barry Hensel, Chairman
Thanks,
Barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 6 months ago #3530

• rdg-barry
Here's a few pictures from the event... have lots more....

P1010087.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010143.jpg
Thanks,
Barry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wowak, jdamelio

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 6 months ago #3534

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
Unless there was some time travel, I don't think anyone attended the RCT&HS Fall Train meet yet, as it's this Sunday, 10/4. :blink:
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 6 months ago #3536

• rdg-barry
Brian... you don't time travel?? LOL
well, that report is for the RCT&HS Crusader, which will be published after the train show... sorry for the missed edit here!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

June 20-23, 1972
The Reading is devastated by Hurricane Agnes; washouts and damage across the system require significant effort to repair, and also hasten the abandonment of marginal branches.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements