FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: READING RR MODELERS MEET II

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3446

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Brian... I didn't get a chance to try the demo I was thinking of over the weekend... have a projector from work tonight and will try. Back to you ASAP. I think my son may have a portable camera too... gotta check with him. I do believe this will be do-able!
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3447

• rdg-barry
Reposting the September latest News... as we have MORE GREAT information!!!

SEPTEMBER 2014
Hello! We’ve received yet another door prize from a new sponsor – a $50 gift certificate from Broadway Limited! And the good news continues as we have the Schuylkill & Lehigh Model RR club and the Reading Society of Model Engineers will both be joining us for layout tours on Friday! In fact, at the RSME you will see AND ride on their 15" gauge railroad (featuring some kerosene switch lamps and kerosene hand lanterns.), HO scale layout and O Scale 2 rail layout!! Night operations on the 15” gauge are rare!! We are honored!! YES, we are only a month away, so please get your registrations in. You CAN register at the door either Friday or Saturday, however, you will miss the chance to purchase an event t-shirt and a great lunch! Speaking of registrations, we’re about the same as this time last year. We’re really hoping for an increase and hope YOU will register for our event!
REMINDER!! – when you attend the shop tours of the Reading &
Northern RR on Sunday, you MUST wear solid shoes!
NO open toe shoes and long pants are also highly suggested!!
Safety first!!
I don’t know if we’ll get another website update before the MEET-II, so in case we don’t, I hope to see you in a few weeks!!
Barry Hensel, Chairman
Thanks,
Barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3455

• rdg-barry
I am very pleased to announce that Brian Wowak will be doing a clinic on weathering at the MEET-II!! And it will be a LIVE clinic! We'll use the webcam on my laptop to project his technique LIVE on the big screen, so all can see what and how he does this weathering.

This now FILLS the complete event schedule, as published and promised!
Hope to see YOU at the MEET-II!!
Thanks,
Barry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wowak

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 7 months ago #3467

• rdg-barry
ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!

are you going?? We have 20 folks pre-registered, which is an increase from last year!

Hope to see YOU there!!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 7 months ago #3468

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Add two more to that tally Barry, with models for display. I have convinced a friend of mine and veteran modeler to bring his scratchbuilt K-1's, that were built 30 years ago, and a few AS-16's since Ron will be presenting, as his seminar was awesome last year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdg-barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 7 months ago #3470

• rdg-barry
Hey Great - THANKS!!!

A reminder to all... you CAN register at the door, either Friday afternoon from 2pm-6pm at the Reading Heritage Museum, which will then allow you to go on the 3 layout tours on Friday night from 7pm-10pm

OR register Saturday morning at Hamburg High School starting at 8am.

We're also going to try a PUBLIC SPECTATOR admission... $3 allows to you into the model viewing area and vendor tables ONLY.

One other reminder... LONG pants and solid shoes (NO open toe) must be worn for the Reading & Northern shop tour on Sunday, Sept. 28th. SAFETY first!!

AND remember... your RRRMM-II badge gets you into the RCT&HS Fall Train Show for FREE, on Sunday, Oct 5th!

See YOU soon!!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

November 14, 1948
Service on the "Schuylkill" Main Line train to Pottsville is inaugurated.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements