FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: READING RR MODELERS MEET II

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 10 years 3 months ago #2468

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Hello one and all...
Here is the first announcement of our plans for the
READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET II

Our tentative dates are Friday-Sunday, Sept 26-28, 2014

These must be approved by the RCT&HS Board, which is why they are tentative, but we on the Planning Team feel they will be approved.

These dates were chosen so that we can arrange a tour of Jim Hertzog's Reading RR HO scale layout. Since the RCT&HS Fall Train Show is the week after these dates (first weekend in Oct) we'll be looking at the possibility of a shop tour of the Reading & Northern as a bonus activity.

These are our plans at this time... things could change and official registration will open in March/April.

Thanks again to all that attended our first Meet and those that helped make it a huge success! Looking forward to making the MEET II even better!

Barry Hensel
RRRMM-II Chairman
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by rdg-barry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rdgrail

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 10 years 3 months ago #2501

• rdg-barry
HEY... it IS official!! The RCT&HS Board has APPROVED the event and dates for the READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET II !!!
Friday-Sunday, September 26-28, 2014

start planning those vacation days...!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 10 years 2 months ago #2706

• rdg-barry
CALL FOR CLINICS.....
yes... we ARE in the planning stages of this great event!

Do you have lots of knowledge of Reading cars, locos, ANYTHING?? We'd like to have you do a clinic at the MEET II!! Those here that show us the great models they build, how about showing us in person by doing a clinic?

We have one already...
RDG SW-900's by William W. Witman, PE

How about you...?? Please contact me online or email!
thanks!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 10 years 2 months ago #2719

• rdg-barry
wow... and we have another....

RDG SW-900's by William W. Witman, PE

Modeling the AS16 by Ron Giordani

anyone else....?? We have 4-5 clinic spots! (only 2-3 left!)
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by rdg-barry.

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 10 years 2 months ago #2736

• Rdgrail
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
Are the clinics for the model displays or "how to sessions?"

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 10 years 2 months ago #2740

• rdg-barry
HI Rdgrail...
clinics can or will be both... simply depends on the presenters view. On the two that are listed, I am guessing these will be presentations on the differences of these locomotives, so that when/if you model one, you can get teh details correct and also learn about these locomotives.

At the MEET I, I gave a clinic on the building of my Reading tugboat, which showed a very brief history and then how I modified the kit to try to match the real tugs. My clinic is about 95% the posting in teh "follow the build" section of this forum. Of course, reading the build and being there to see the same presentation and additional comments I may have provided, are two different things.

This is why I encourage those that have posting "build" items in teh forum, to turn these into a clinic and hopefully volunteer to do a presentation. It's always better "live"!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October 8, 1958
The diesel facilities and shop at Newberry Junction are destroyed by fire, and are rebuilt the following year.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements