FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: READING RR MODELERS MEET II

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3418

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Just in case you have not checked the website... here are our sponsors and supporters to date!

sponsorlogos-a.jpg
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3422

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
For the last clinic spot, would there be any interest in an "intro to rust" tutorial on my technique for using acrylic craft paints to simulate rusted sheetmetal?

Logistically, it would need to be a small enough group to sit around a table and see what I'm doing, unless there was some kind of camera set up looking over my shoulder and projecting on a screen. I don't have the capability to provide that.
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Wowak.

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3425

• Wowak
  • Engineer
rdg-barry wrote:
Being a modular layout is nice, but I don't know where we could have them set-up - perhaps the school.

Perhaps there'd be space at the Reading Railroaders Museum? I've never been there and I wasn't at the meet last year, so I don't really have a firm grasp on how everything runs. I haven't registered yet, but I will. I'll be bringing my O-gauge E5sa, I8sb, and B4a for display.

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3426

• rdg-barry
Wowak... your weathering is great and yes, I'm sure there would be interest!! Is there any way for you to demo that in a powerpoint presentation? Your idea of a camera and projecting it could work... just not sure if I can arrange that in less than 25 days!

Unfortunately, there is no room at the museum for a full layout, only a module or two. But, we're not at the museum except for Friday for registration and to look around before we break for dinner and layout tours. They could bring 1 or 2 modules to the school on Saturday. Perhaps I'll contact them on that basis.

If anyone has a direct connection to the Reading Society of Model Engineers, please email me! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. THANKS
Thanks,
Barry

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3429

• rdg-barry
Wowak... I have have a way to do your clinic by using the camera on my laptop!! Let me try something this weekend and I'll let you know!

TO ALL.... The deadline for t-shirt ordering was Sept 1st, however, I have NOT yet placed the order!! IF you will be attending the meet and have not registered yet and want to purchase an evet t-shirt, email me NOW!!! (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) I Will take your word that you will be attending and order a shirt for you.

You MUST attend to get your shirt!!! I will not mail these to you and If you do not attend, I will sell your shirt to someone else. I know this sounds harsh, not ment to be, just that the shirts were to be pre-order only and only for attendees, so this is the best way I can handle this. We are not going to order extra shirts and hope to sell them, not cost effective. PLUS, being only for attendees, this makes the shirt special!!

Go to the website for sizes and prices.... in case I didn't post it earlier, here is the shirt image....

t-shirtfinal2014.jpg

The actual shirt color will either be white or a light gray (ash).
You MUST email me by THIS Sunday afternoon (Sept 7), 5pm deadline!!!
THANKS!!!

The MEET-II is only THREE weeks away!!!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by rdg-barry.

READING RR MODELERS MEET II 9 years 8 months ago #3430

• Wowak
  • Engineer
That'd be great, doing it as a powerpoint really wouldn't get the techniques across nearly as well.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 24, 1949
Service on the "King Coal" train from Philadelphia to Shamokin is inaugurated.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements