FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

Poll: N Scale projects

AS-16 3 50%
VO-1000 No votes 0%
Trainmaster No votes 0%
Hoppers No votes 0%
Gondolas No votes 0%
Flat cars 3 50%
Cabooses No votes 0%
T-1 No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 6 ( tomjacobs, dave1905, HoboPiker, Turboboost910, LNE-401 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: What project should i work on first?

What project should i work on first? 7 years 7 months ago #5491

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Got a plethora of projects lined up from well over 2 years ago, and now that I have time I need to start picking them off one by one.

I have:

1 VO-1000 (The one I have now I can't even get the TCS decoder to work without frying them...might hold off on #2)

1 AS-16 (My pride and joy, but the frame is not DCC compatible yet...Can still do the detail work on the shells though

2 Trainmasters...one will be #800, one will be #802

1 T-1...This one will be my first steam scratchbuild, and is 1/10 started...Going to be a tough cookie to tackle...

Or the hundreds of freight cars I havethat either need painted, decaled or weathered
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What project should i work on first? 7 years 7 months ago #5492

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Turbo,
Refresh my memory,didn't you attempt a FWa FWb well hole flat car in the past?

Bill

What project should i work on first? 7 years 7 months ago #5494

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Sure did! It's awaiting paint... :) It's been wrapped up in a tissue in a jewel case for about a year now, I can't remember off the top of my head it it is a FWa or FWb. It's the 4-axle one, thats how long its been...

What project should i work on first? 7 years 7 months ago #5498

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
I would strive to complete something... sounds like that well hole might be the closest to the finish line. Getting something DONE and off the plate is always a good feeling that can inspire the next project to keep moving along. Another start is another un done task piling up.

(Trust me I know what it feels like to have nothing done and lots of starts)

Rob

What project should i work on first? 7 years 7 months ago #5502

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 24
I'm agreeing with Rob, and I'm in the same boat as you. Starting projects is exciting; finishing them is very satisfying; all the in-between stuff can be drudgery...but as Rob said a completion seems to inspire. Also, breaking things down into and completing small steps keeps me interested. Right now I've resolved not to start any new modeling projects until everything in-works is done. We'll see how that goes!--Dave

What project should i work on first? 7 years 5 months ago #5652

• VCtrainmaster
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 12
Good advice I too am in the same boat. too many started , unfinished, projects.
Daniel J Mohr
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

November 14, 1948
Service on the "Schuylkill" Main Line train to Pottsville is inaugurated.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements