FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1975

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
CharlieZ; this is a closed group. the info is not available to anyone. if you register at the door, you can tell them you do not want your info published. I don't think Barry is going to sell our info to tele-marketers.if that is what you are worried about.I think the statment on the form deals with pre-registrations anyway. just come out and enjoy a day with fellow Reading modelers. Butch Curll
Butch Curll
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by t1nut.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1977

• rdg-barry
  • Thank you received: 44
Morning guys and gals....
We arrived in Hamburg last night about 8ish, near 12 hour drive, but we did take a 2 hour detour to my Grandparents houses in central PA... so not bad overall.

CharlieZ... actually, I did not make good on that item in the flyer... I never posted any registration info. If I had, it would have been very simple and not invasive... Name and where you're from was the idea, just to see where people are coming from.
Well, probably not even name... if you look at my Camaro show site (www.camarosuperfest.com) you'll see we list how many from each state and how many of each year Camaro. This was supposed to be similar.
Since I did not already do this, it would not be done post event.

As for registering at the door, I guess you can give whatever name you wish. We will ask you to fill out a registration form though and that info will not be shared to anyone. We will most likely keep the info in a spreadsheet, so that we can personally notify you by email or postage, of when the next Modelers Meet will take place. THAT... is the only use for the information!!

Once you fill out the registration form, you get a number (actually the blank forms are already numbered) which is then placed on your name badge along with your name and where you are from. I have numbered squares of paper and we will draw from those to award the door prizes.

Thanks Butch for the "back-up"...! While the Reading Modeler web-forum is a closed group, yet free to join, the RCT&HS is similar (but does cost to join) as your info is never shared with anyone. I have been a member for 25+ years and have never had a concern!

This event IS open to the public - anyone can attend, by simply registering at the door and paying the proper fees.

Like Butch said... com'on out and enjoy the day)s) with your fellow Reading Modelers! Would love to meet you!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1989

• rdg-barry
  • Thank you received: 44
TONIGHT'S the night!!! Hard to believe it's here! My head is "swimming" with things to do to make sure YOUR attendance is an enjoyable one!

NOTE - tomorrow at Hamburg High School... we open at 8am, the staff may not get in early for set-up, so I ask you to be patient as we start set-up of registration and EVERYTHING all at the same time!
We will be using the school entrance that is labeled high school office... it's toward the west end of the front of the school...
Just look for the HH-RDG parked out front!

OK, last item... (I think)... only one person mentioned that a dinner get-together on Saturday was a good idea. So that is now out. Is anyone available Sunday evening, say 6pm? There is a meeting room at the hotel, Micro-Tel in Hamburg, we can order some pizza, someone bring some refreshments, plates, napkins and we could sit around BSing for several hours.
I NEED TO KNOW... to reserve this room!! Right now it is available and it's only $65, which maybe we can all help split with the other costs... would probably end up being $10 per person?

Please post here, or even email me if you are IN on this idea!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I'll check here later tonight - after the MEET!!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1993

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Good Luck to all.I hope the meet will be a Great Success

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1995

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
Quite Frankly, The group should be proud to know that this event - as soon as the first participant walks through the door IS a success.

It doesn't matter if only 7 people get there. Even if somehow it loses money, it is still a success and needs to be considered such to do again next year. You can say "We pulled it off and it happened." "I am, therefore I am" I probably won't be able to get there because of priors, but who knows maybe the spirit will move me just to make a fly by in between other stuff, shake some hands and put some faces to names.

I don't know how much the Society/Museum publicized this event, if they didn't - shame on them. If they did - they should be equally proud.

It takes members efforts to make things happen and ya'll are making it happen.

Congrats!
Rob

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1996

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Hello Group,

Those planning to attend Ron’s Saturday clinic on modeling Reading GP35s should consider taking copies of these articles to supplement the information he presents.

Reading EMD GP35 Phase 1

Conrail Returns a Favorite Prototype

I was planning to bring copies of these articles to the meet Saturday, but it looks like I’ll only be attending the train show Sunday at Leesport.

Enjoy the meet!
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements