FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 9 months ago #1579

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
Hi Everyone,

I kind of miss the old "What did you do this week?" topic from the former Forum (say that 10 times fast), so I thought I'd try to bring it back - share your model railroading escapades with us here!
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1585

• NJWG
  • Apprentice
Ok, I can start. This week i started on a Lehigh valley cement conainer gondola, as well as one for The Lackawanna. At the club we are working on a new passenger station loosely based on the LV station at Easton Pa.It worked for the location as the station is under the tracks. I also picked up some supplies I want to try my hand at handlaying at turnout.

By the way Tom, I really like the photo of your cement gon. I hope mine turns out half as good.

MARK

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1589

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
working on several projects, RDG 60 ft. double door boxcar, old atlas alco S-2, and an old atlas C-424.both will get DCC in the near future. also getting ready to kitbash 2 RDG LOc covered hoppers from MDC roundhouse kits.
Butch Curll
The following user(s) said Thank You: HoboPiker

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1590

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
worked 70 hours in 95% humidity and slept almost as much :P

definitely didn't get a lick of modeling done!
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Turboboost910.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1595

• sphogger
  • Brakeman
  • Thank you received: 3
Cleaned up an Athearn blue box U-33 shell with the intent to paint it for the NYC. Any good ideas to add or fake the rear number boards that are absent from the Athearn shell? Hopefully the lack of depth in the radiator details will be hidden with the final project planned to be an early Penn Central "slumlord" type locomotive. I have not decided to decal the NYC heralds or not, but the white sill stripe and yellow handrails have a certain appeal.
Fishnmack

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #1610

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
It's not complete, but I set up a blog to document my projects:

brianwowak.wordpress.com
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October, 1964
The Reading's new green and gold colors are used on 100 new boxcars.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements