FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers

HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers 9 years 9 months ago #3306

• sphogger
  • Brakeman
  • Thank you received: 3
I would not fret too much about missing out on the Sunshine Minikit for the MoP hopper car conversion. The MoP cars had an angled roof that lends itself to a very easy scratchbiulding project. I have such an effort on my desk waiting for decals. The AT&SF version is the trophy Minikit since that car used a radial roof, much more tricky to construct.
Fishnmack
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers 9 years 9 months ago #3307

I love a good off-topic rabbit trail!!!! great stuff... The MP hoppers look like the 15-car LOp's sorta, but in a quad-hopper kind of way...
CR-LOp79185-81.jpg

It's a stretch but they're both a quick and dirty kitbash...

HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers 9 years 9 months ago #3313

• sphogger
  • Brakeman
The Reading LOp class of car, what were the colors used? Was it a dark green body with yellow lettering or was it a black body with white lettering? My version of a Reading model is still waiting for the paint application. Also I would be very intersted in painting/decaling an Erie version of this car. I have an extra set of Oddball's Decals for the KO&G four bay quad hopper if somebody would like to trade an Erie set of decals. (HO Scale) P.M. should there be an interest.
Fishnmack

HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers 9 years 9 months ago #3314

• sphogger
  • Brakeman
Should have paid more attention to my proof reading, The Erie car I mentioned is the four bay quad hopper. My bad.
Fishnmack

HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers 9 years 9 months ago #3315

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
LOp covered hopper was green with yellow lettering, also a yellow corner panel. In the side panel it reads " return to Millville NJ PRSL when empty " Reading did 1 experimental car from XTc class #63924 which was black with white lettering. There are photos in Bob Losse's book on Reading covered hoppers.
Butch Curll
The following user(s) said Thank You: sphogger

HTz 40001 - 40400 Hoppers 9 years 9 months ago #3316

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Mitch here we go again, two bay offset side hopper it is. I still have my sunshine minikit for the Rock Island conversion all but a raised panel box car roof. They were used for silica sand much like the Reading HTr done in 1957 for New Jersey Silica Sand Co.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mitch from Maine
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

March 8, 1900
Construction of the new P&R locomotive shops at Reading, PA began.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements