FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: first photos of my S Scale G-1sb 204

first photos of my S Scale G-1sb 204 8 years 10 months ago #4572

• PRSL_Bill
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 25
This loco a few years in the making with a collaborative effort with my friend Fred Rouse and I. Fred by far did the heavy lifting here with bashing the loco and me making the tender, but the end results are well worth the wait!

The WOW decoder needs tweaking but the chuff starts when the loco moves without a cam which is great.. I did a custom mix of Scalecoat black to blend in with my other Reading locos that are Floquil grimy black.

It is such a mixed materials model from 1950s American Flyer body parts to 3D printed tender floor and other parts.

I still need a few small decals which are getting made now. Make a coal load, add some crew figures, and just a bit more weathering. I am keeping it pretty clean.

More photos later, and maybe some all Reading poses!

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3062_2015-07-03.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by PRSL_Bill.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdg1187prr, HHS

first photos of my S Scale G-1sb 204 8 years 10 months ago #4573

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
looking good, now all you need are some P-70 coaches behind it.
Butch Curll

first photos of my S Scale G-1sb 204 8 years 10 months ago #4574

• HHS
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 40
Bill,
Congratulations on the model.
I have known how long you have wanted a G.
Thanks for posting and let others follow your progress.

I will also be at the Reading Modelers meet, and bring along some other S scale Reading.

Hugh
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements