FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: Imagine this in Pullman Green

Imagine this in Pullman Green 8 years 6 months ago #4891

• PRSL_Bill
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 25
I threw some effort at my Trainmaster this weekend, getting a Tsunami and Railmaster speaker installed. It runs pretty well right out of the box. I am trying to imagine it when it is going to be Pullman Green and Reading. Obvious improvements are 3D printing plugs and a draft gear to fill in the gaping hole that is the pilot for the American Flyer compatible swinging coupler. For some unknown reason here are 2 headlights on the short hood only. As best as I can tell the bottom has to be filled in.

Also fiddling with my stand in 2 feet away good enough LOc hopper from a PS2. I know that is not what the Reading started with. This is a quick n dirty first pass concept model roof to see if I like it, and I do. There will be better roofs coming. I am doing something - to be determined - to make the sides look better. Not there yet.

Bill

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcalvin48

Imagine this in Pullman Green 8 years 6 months ago #4892

Gee, the Wabash scheme was one of the best-looking back in the day. It hurts a little to see that it will get painted over on this example. The model is in good hands, however, based on previous work, so even this Midwesterner will be delighted to see the final product. I promise I will only lightly grimace to myself ( :) ) as you share photos of the progress with us.

Imagine this in Pullman Green 8 years 6 months ago #4893

• PRSL_Bill
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 25
I got such a deal on a new "used" Trainmaster I could not justify buying direct as unpainted. I also went fishing for a shell trade but had no takers. I do like the Wabash scheme but I can't keep it. The Reading Trainmaster is already significantly OFF my PRSL theme.

The Tsunami and Railmaster DHB28 speaker make a great combo. Lots of sound in a small speaker. I only did the most basic programming and I really like the diesel response. No fiddling there. I have to change to a single chime horn.

Starting to design the pilot draft gear now.

Bill

Imagine this in Pullman Green 8 years 6 months ago #4894

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
Bill; on page 14 of the "SHOW US" forum page are photos of 2 of my LOc/LOd covered hoppers in HO. I am working on one in Oscale also. Butch Curll
Butch Curll
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by t1nut.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

January 1, 1955
The Reading begins Trailer-on-Flatcar (TOFC) service between Philadelphia and Chicago in cooperation with the WM, P&WV, and NKP (the "Alphabet Route").

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements