FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Tender deck marker lights

Tender deck marker lights 9 years 1 month ago #4313

• PRSL_Bill
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 25
There are holes in the corners of my AF tender shell deck I am assuming are for corner markers. Before I fill them with (YIKES!) - PRR markers, does anyone have good detail photos of the markers or of a tender deck?

Thanks
Bill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tender deck marker lights 9 years 1 month ago #4314

• Casey
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 57
Assuming for the semi streamlined pacific you have going I wouldn't worry about markers for the rear of the tender. Most images of the later pacifics that were rebuilt to be streamlined don't even have marker lights in the front. Rear markers would have been used mostly to be red to signal the rear of the train used more on helper locomotives. Really it goes for a lot of reading steam around all the 47' rebuilds, I have noticed a general lack of marker lights. Even G-3s running on PRR territory did not have the marker lights, so it would seem the PRR did not force them to install them.

The American Flyer mold could have been a general assumption as most railroads used them. That being said putting marker light on would not look bad so it's really up to you.

Tender deck marker lights 9 years 1 month ago #4317

• Robin
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 47
Based on photograpic evidence (I wasn't around to witness it myself) it appears that Reading steam locomotives stopped carrying markers about 1941.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Robin.

Tender deck marker lights 9 years 1 month ago #4322

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
some of the Ramble T-1’s carried a pair of yellow markers on brackets at the back of the tender slope sheet.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April 12, 1962
The Reading purchases the first production GP30 (#5513) from EMD as part of initial order of 20 locomotives.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements