FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: paint for rdg passenger cars

paint for rdg passenger cars 8 years 2 months ago #5071

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
With all the changes in available model paint, would like some opinions on currently available paints for the 2 green colors on RDG passenger equipment

John 7968
The administrator has disabled public write access.

paint for rdg passenger cars 8 years 2 months ago #5073

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 24
John--Robin and I had a forum discussion (PM actually) sometime ago. Back in the day of the old Floquil paints, I used Coach Green for the window bands and Pullman Green for the remainder of the sides and ends. Robin mentioned using Southern Green for the window band, and that some modelers use Reading Green (like on the second generation diesels) for the window band. Hope that's some help.--Dave

paint for rdg passenger cars 8 years 2 months ago #5074

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
John, I have used Scalecoat II Pullman green with great success for my early 50's modeling.

Bill

paint for rdg passenger cars 8 years 2 months ago #5083

• Robin
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 47
I've never been able to determine whether the two tone green cars' predominant paint color was the same Pullman green as the traditional monochromatic cars, or if it was a slightly different (greener, less olive) shade. The lighter green window band seems to have an effect on my perception of the darker color. I've used Scalecoat II Pullman green on solid colored cars, and I still haven't painted my long-awaited two tone combine. That said, Dave's Floquil painted cars look great!

paint for rdg passenger cars 8 years 2 months ago #5087

• john7968
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks to all for suggestions

John
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

March 16, 1969
The last train makes a stop at the Outer Station in Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements