FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: P7-sb consists

P7-sb consists 3 years 1 week ago #6581

I’ve been searching my collection of Reading Co books for pictures of the four P7s and what they pulled behind them. There isn’t much. Plenty of G1s and T1s but not P7s. I would think, based on their time period, they would have pulled heavyweight coaches with clerestory roofs.
What do you say?
Tom Stoltz
in Maine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

P7-sb consists 2 years 11 months ago #6582

• HHS
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 40
Tom,
The P7sb's (1916-1949)spanned the latter composite coaches all the way through the PBr classes.
Early years would have been with the clerestory roofs.
Latter "Reading Company" PBl -PBr (all steel)with a mix of roofs through the 1930's and late 1940's.
Great engine to model with a 3-5 car consist. There where a few clerestory cars that lasted into the early 1950

Regards,
Hugh Sinn
The following user(s) said Thank You: tcalvin48

P7-sb consists 2 years 11 months ago #6583

Thanks Hugh,
I’m trying to get American Models to run a Reading set for their S scale heavyweight set. I have since found a few pictures with P7 pulling round top RPO and baggage cars, both are heavily vented with Garlands, with 2 clerestory coaches behind. My thinking is the P7 was the prototype for the AC Gilbert AF S scale Atlantic. Also I believe the Reading cars were 72’, same as the AM set.
Tom Stoltz
in Maine

P7-sb consists 2 years 11 months ago #6584

• HHS
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 40
Tom,
S scale, same for me.

photos.app.goo.gl/cecdyBH8GEvwBUjq8

Made these from AM units. The roofs came from Bill Lane, who no longer does these.

Hugh

P7-sb consists 2 years 11 months ago #6585

Nice, I’ve seen Bill’s work, love his G-1sb, though I believe most of the work was done by Fred Rouse. You probably know that Pre-Size has Reading roofs… with seam details. They are direct from Reading blue prints, really nice. Scott also has correct Garland vents, again from blues.
I have to bug Ron again about running some Reading sets. I asked him for some sold out MYC and he re-ran them. I talked with someone other than Ron about it and was told it seemed pretty simple – basic Pullman green with Reading Company decals. He said he would mention it to Ron. I do know that phone calls go a lot further than email with Ron. There’s always hope.
Tom Stoltz
in Maine

P7-sb consists 2 years 11 months ago #6586

Are there any pictures of the clerestory coaches? All I have are long shots. Would like to see a full side view.
Tom Stoltz
in Maine
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December, 1947
Construction begins at the Reading Locomotive Shops on ten new G-3 Pacific passenger steam locomotives. These locomotives will be the last Pacific-type engines built in the United States.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements