FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What's the difference between a GP40-2 and GP39-2? What year did the Reading dieselize? How many tracks were in Rutherford Yard? This board focuses on a discussion of questions or issues concerning the "prototype" Reading Company and its predecessors. While the aim of this board is to serve as a resource for prototype information for modeling purposes, general discussion and sharing of knowledge is also encouraged.

TOPIC: Top view of Flat 9100?

Top view of Flat 9100? 10 years 4 months ago #2422

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Hey all. I have been generously given a copy of AutoCAD 2014 for Mac and a 3-year license courtesy of Autodesk, and I am going to be working feverishly to get as many 3D models made in that time frame. My first project while learning the sophistication of the program is a relatively simple flat car, we all know 9100. I have the pictures in the Color Guide of the sides, but I need a view of the top. Does anyone have any references?

I have a blueprint of the top and it shows a bunch of tie down holes, as well as several dozen T-slots for bracing. It appears that there are a couple plates of steel on the top with these holes, But I'm not sure if the blueprint is showing seperate plates, or undercar bracing for the weight. Here is the file:

www.alphabetroute.com/rdg/1949FRTDGMS/9100.pdf

If I can get this made relatively soon, I'd be happy to offer it in HO scale as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Top view of Flat 9100? 10 years 4 months ago #2463

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
Hey has anyone found any info pertaining to this car yet? Here I was I have drawn so far, But I need clarification on how the top deck is constructed before I can go any further...
Attachments:

Top view of Flat 9100? 10 years 3 months ago #2481

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
I myself have not found a top view of this car in question. Although in the lower left had corner of the blueprint on the alphabet route site is a note about the D&H. That sent me looking, in doing so these flats apparently were kits produced by GSC, Reading built theirs 4-53, the D&H in 1950, 52, and 58. Now, P.104 of the D&H color guide to freight and passenger gives some insight to the top deck, one big flat steel surface. With that said utilizing the blueprint already on hand should be enough.

Top view of Flat 9100? 10 years 3 months ago #2487

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
Thanks for the help! I forgot the D&H had a couple similar ones. That will make life for me a ton easier!!! Should have the 3D model done by this weekend, pending time between work and school!
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 1, 1953
The last Hall "banjo-style" signals are removed from service, and are replaced with color-light signals.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements